Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

My new van v3

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Thanks Randy,
Ian...yes it does what you said, thanks for the tip.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
It came! It finally came!!!!

Ryan

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
It did!!..undamaged and 99% correct as ordered!!

Did some work on the interior today, trying to reuse the Durham boxes we had in the 750.

I sorely underestimated how strong the box carcass is...after I got it hung it was twisting with just it's own weight...think for simplicities sake I will use a piece of Maple plywood on the end as an upright.

No press brake?...no problem :D

20160219_091805.jpg

20160219_091720.jpg

20160219_092501.jpg

20160219_092536.jpg

20160219_092725.jpg

I didn't like the AL rivet, bottom right, so did the rest in steel.

20160219_102544.jpg

After the sagging, I used some backing underneath the cabinet and some on the shelf side...decided to save time and buy a couple of premade shelf brackets...seems 90 degrees in NA ain't 90 degrees in the China plant..:icon_mecker:

20160219_154318.jpg

20160219_154327.jpg

20160219_154338.jpg

Last edited:

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Thanks Doug...and yeah, I tend to agree...:headbang:

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
Well it didn't go to "V4" 😂 As expected. Love the color, glad you finally got out of the Chevy, you were starting to type like Frank................smilieFordlogo

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Damn....:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:..and thanks Ryan!

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Dicked around with the idea of making a gable for the end for support...easiest thing will be to simply order another shelf end.

Won't see it for a couple of weeks so I cut a 2x2 and wedged it in...should be ok for now.

Found out what they gave me for the extra fuse panel/upfitter wiring....not bad at all, there are 3 seperate fused connections outside the battery box...each with a stud and fused at 60A.

Batteries are under the drivers seat and are AGM's.

Access is pretty good with the seat fully forward.

Plan will be to get a couple of ATC fuse blocks and run #6 welding cable to them.

That will then feed the battery chargers, Espar heater and extra interior lighting.

I might just pull the third wire up there for a future inverter or something...that 60A would power a 500 watt inverter with no issues.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
That is pretty heavy for upfitter wiring. Impressive!

It is..that is on top of the 4 switches on the dash,which I think are all fed with 20A ccts.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
The switches are the same as the Super Dutys have I suppose?

Identical...also the brake contoller is the same way to the left of it.

I got them mainly for adding aux. lights...but even though they are not HID projectors, the stock lights work very well.

I might experiment using high power LED replacement lamps as they have them now..not cheap, around $100 per bulb...but cheaper and less screwing around adding lights.

SuperCab

Staff member
Montana
The transit looks like it's pieced together from the rest of fords offerings... Seems to borrow heavily from the trucks obviously but the steering wheel and dash looks very explorer/flex/edge to me. Efficient I guess!

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
It's a hodgepodge...functional though and a vast improvement over the E-series.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
700 miles so far, mostly highway doing 65-70 mph. Getting 17mpg US...so a little over 20 imp. I am very happy so far.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Very....10 way power with lumbar...except for who knows what reason...no heat!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts