Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

My new steering gear box!

dakonthemountain

California Chapter member
397760244.jpg

This sucker is heavy!!!

Plans to install it did not happen last Friday as it had not yet arrived. It's going in this Friday. Yahoo!! BTW, Harvey at Red Head is great to work with!

Can't wait to have it done and move on to the heater core, which I've decided to do completely myself, as well as the rear main seal.

Pictures to come !
Dak

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
THAT THING LOOKS BEAUTIFUL!!!! Congrats....can't wait till you have it all installed.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Oh geezus...if that's what their product looks like, there's no way in hell I'll be able to put it on Red in it's current dirty state. I reckon some frame/axle/suspension paint should be on order. Looks great Dak, happy for you.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Awesome, Dak! I'm sure Burt will appreciate the easier steering. :D

dakonthemountain

Yikes! That's one of many reasons I like the "old stuff" I would have to completely start over learning about all the new smog/computer/electronic systems in a new truck and well, ...........I'm just not going to!:(

Dak

blacksnapon

Staff member
Yikes! That's one of many reasons I like the "old stuff" I would have to completely start over learning about all the new smog/computer/electronic systems in a new truck and well, ...........I'm just not going to!:(

Dak
Whats funny, after getting acclimated to the "new stuff", the old vehicles are harder for us to work on.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
I don't mind the new stuff, but my only complaint is the ability to actually do any work. You have to take the whole thing apart just to get to stuff.

Ryan

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Cool Dak!, mine will be going there as well.
Mark...I will get you for that one...:rolling laugh: :rolling laugh: :rolling laugh: :rolling laugh: :rolling laugh: :rolling laugh:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Hey Dak...out of curiousity who did you deal with for the shipping? I seem to remember you said you were $170ish when it was all said and done, and you're on the same coast as these guys, right? I don't wanna know what shipping would be for me then. I might just go ahead and see if they'll ship freight and get it dropped off at work.

dakonthemountain

Hey Ben, I dealt directly with Harvey, the owner of the company and the total costs were: Gear box: $216, Shipping BOTH ways which includes prepaid label for return of my core: $76, and core charge (refundable if core is returned within 60 days) of $75. Total was $367 out the door and it was here in 3 days.

Can't WAIT to get it installed Friday!

Dak

dakonthemountain

FatherDoug, I'll be sure and post the update. I actually don't have problems with my steering now, though I know our trucks are known for their "sloppy" steering. I'm told this will tighten up a bit more so I'll let ya know! I hope to have it in today!!!! (charging camera batteries as I write.. :)
Dak

Ford Truck Articles