Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

More power for "05 6.0

A customer/friend has an '05 4X4 conversion van with a 6.0 in it that needs a little more power for pulling his race trailer around. With the stock calibration it only puts out 20 lbs peak boost. I tried downloading cals from an '06 F and had no speedo:hammer: ; used cal from an '04 F and ended up with no glow plugs or starter crank when trying to start:headbang: . Both of these made around 30 lbs of boost so hoped I could copy their calibration, but neither worked out for me. Anyone know of a calibration code that will add more power without chipping it? Thanx, Mike

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
A customer/friend has an '05 4X4 conversion van with a 6.0 in it that needs a little more power for pulling his race trailer around. With the stock calibration it only puts out 20 lbs peak boost. I tried downloading cals from an '06 F and had no speedo:hammer: ; used cal from an '04 F and ended up with no glow plugs or starter crank when trying to start:headbang: . Both of these made around 30 lbs of boost so hoped I could copy their calibration, but neither worked out for me. Anyone know of a calibration code that will add more power without chipping it? Thanx, Mike

The vans are detuned which is so they don't twist in half, but anyways as far as a cal sometimes some wiring mods need to be changed also when installing a fseries calabration file. Wish I could tell you what wiring but i've never checked into it that much.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts