Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Looked at 09

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Went to pick up One of are trucks and nosed a BIt at th 09's .

Reg cab is a reg cab again . Lay out better. Do I like it....................no !

We'll see if grows on me. Just to big to high. And interoir is chinsy

Now I like high trucks and lift kits but for a daily driver with a short wife its not good .

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
What it looked like to me . But I just looked as walked by as it didn't turn my knobs.... . The yellow F350 CC was calling me anyway.

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
Went to pick up One of are trucks and nosed a BIt at th 09's .

Reg cab is a reg cab again . Lay out better. Do I like it....................no !

We'll see if grows on me. Just to big to high. And interoir is chinsy

Now I like high trucks and lift kits but for a daily driver with a short wife its not good .

I'm getting this gripe more and more from customers- on the Chebbies as well. Park a new Silverado (or F150) next to a '90's version, and the older truck looks like the compact version. Where was it written that full-sized trucks need a 5' liftover to get something into the damned box?

blackhat620

You Had to be There
Arizona
I'm getting this gripe more and more from customers- on the Chebbies as well. Park a new Silverado (or F150) next to a '90's version, and the older truck looks like the compact version. Where was it written that full-sized trucks need a 5' liftover to get something into the damned box?

No chit! That was my complaint with the F150 back in 04. Damn bedsides were higher than on the F350. I see FMC included a retractable side step option on the New F150 so you can reach in the damn bed:headbang:

The poor consumer that wants to hall a smaller 5th wheel is going to hate this new trend in high bedside height and just how the hell do you get in the tool box that many owners install in the back? WTF gotta get the ladder out to get in the tool box 'smiliecrazy'

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Over the years, I've caught a lot of flack about how low my little Ranger rides. But boy is it nice when you need to put something heavy in the back (non-running motorcycle, for instance).

Yeah, if it was a 4x4 it'd need more clearance, but if you're using a truck primarily for hauling stuff, low is handier.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Over the years, I've caught a lot of flack about how low my little Ranger rides. But boy is it nice when you need to put something heavy in the back (non-running motorcycle, for instance).

Yeah, if it was a 4x4 it'd need more clearance, but if you're using a truck primarily for hauling stuff, low is handier.
I hear ya. The stock stance on my tacoma made it look like a lo-rida. But it was nice for loading stuff in the [tiny] bed.

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u269/Skandociouss/The Bean/003.jpg

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Your old Tacoma and my Ranger are basically identical except mine's got a pretty blue oval on the grille...and some ugly white paint. smilitease

Larry- did you sit in an '09? Gen-9 Ford seats are among the most comfortable I have ever sat in, but newer Fords are not so comfortable for me. Be curious to see what they did with the seats in these...

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
I'm not upset about hight like said those of us that use bed . Its nice not to have to drop tail gate and crawl up to reach something. Not like there r hubs to step on the newer trucks .

I thought I was only one

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts