Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Let's see some of our rigs on here!

Watchdog7

Guarding the Gates
Looks good Red! A lift in the future?

Red02FX4

Tossin that one around in the brain a little. Want to get a brush guard,bed cover and some sort of ram air hood... definitely NOT ruling it out. Have to research pros n cons of body lift vs suspension lift

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Tossin that one around in the brain a little. Want to get a brush guard,bed cover and some sort of ram air hood... definitely NOT ruling it out. Have to research pros n cons of body lift vs suspension lift

BL=cheap...decent labor involves...changes center of gravity...does zero for you but add ground clearance. Verdict...Body Lifts are for mall crawlers.

Suspension lift=costs more, about the same amount of labor, adds articulation and clearance. Verdict...Suspension lifts are for folks that want to enahnce their ride.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
don't do any mall crawlin' .... so I guess that answers THAT question eh?
David

HAHA...sure enough...now go get acquainted with the nice folks at SkyJacker...haha.

Red02FX4

Well, at least I might be able to save a little on labor. I worked at a salvage yard/garage where my cousin is head mechanic (and dam good at it). Both he and management are Ford truck FANATICS smilieFordlogo

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Finally getting some more of us on here! The Gen 8-9 guys are whipping our arses! LOL Nice truck!

On Edit: I have a 3" BL and torsion crank and can run 37's. I run 35's to clear the rocks and have had no trouble with the lift. I would like to get a Sus lift but at the time it was all I could afford. Rode nice before the torsion crank, now it rides like a truck! LOL

Last edited:

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
I didn't know if you was joking for not! sorry! LOL

Watchdog7

Guarding the Gates
Ben, my truck isn't a mall crawler.. I just can't afford a real suspension lift!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Ben, my truck isn't a mall crawler.. I just can't afford a real suspension lift!

HAHA...I know. You're in that weird category of guys that use their 2wd trucks, but since they are 2wd there's no real reason to a suspension lift on it so they put a BL on.

Siber Express

Dragon Slayer
2003 STX, 5.4 S/Cab flareside. 1 of 144 made in this configuration
ZooandMontu026.jpg
ZooandMontu029.jpg
2007F100SuperNationals005.jpg

K&N CAI
Series 50 Flowmaster dumped in front of the axle
Superchips Tuner
Lowered 3/4
Ghost Flames
Bucket seats
Harley Heads and Corners
ADR 8.5X18 Sterling Wheels
2002 Harley Lower Grill
Undercover Tonneau Cover
Westin Sport tubes
A few more odds and ends,

Watchdog7

Guarding the Gates
Oh.. that's sweet!

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
thats alot of hail! LOL nice lookin rig there!

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
CE0CF874-878E-4540-A37B-A1889516CB60.jpeg

My baby gurl Jezebl. Shes a little hawtie and a little naughty at times. (Ticket here and there to prove it lol)

9917F9DF-E3B1-4FE5-A33F-337A2777CB32.jpeg

Then you got my other trouble maker Lil dually. Seems like i spend more time wrenching on her than driving her anymore. So annoying.

01334957-BD42-484C-9178-560387320D82.jpeg

This ones not a pic of the actual one. But what itll look like when im finished. Im in the process of restoring my dads old 73 honda cb450 for myself. Problem is life keeps getting in the way of it atm.

Ford Truck Articles