Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Keep an eye out for...

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
... a tailgate trim panel. I've been looking for a replacement tailgate trim for my truck, mine has dents in it and they make my truck look bad :p I've been watching ebay and craigslist but I can't seem to find one in good shape on the cheap. Here's the one that I have:

TruckMedium.jpg

I know I can buy it new from somewhere like LMC Truck but I can't bring myself to pay full price for one of these stupid panels (I don't even like them!!) Anywho, if anyone has one or finds one with NO DENTS let me know please. Thanks guys.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Thanks buddy. Keep in mind that it must be in near BRAND NEW condition. Obviously it needs to be better than mine and lets be honest, mine isn't REALLY that bad. There's several more dents on it that you can't see in the picture.

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
I'll have to go look and see if I've still got mine, the braces were broke when I bought it and so I went and found a smooth faced bumper because, like you, I can't stand those panels...

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Where did you find a smooth faced tailgate and how much did it cost?

Yeah see if you've still got the panel!! Would be awesome if I could get a brand new one like that :D

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
Yup, still got it, nope, ain't better than yours. I could beat the dents smooth but I'm not sure how to refinish the brushed alum.

Paid zip, zilch, nada, guy left it out at my uncles and owed him money, my uncle having a '71 F-100 didn't have a use for it SO, I acquired it. Not an exact match, its off of a F-250 HD and its solid green BUT it matches my trim color exactly.

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
If you could find a good metal worker in your area Chris, that dent could be tapped out and you would never be able to tell.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
It's multiple dents Tony. And they have sharp points in them, they're not round. Not to mention I have a long deep scratch, so deep it left a long fold in the metal. Another one is int he shape of a bottle neck, my brother left a bottle of beer on the lower step of my bumper and I put it down, the bottle didn't break, just left a nice deep ring on the trim :headbang:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts