Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Is This Rare??

I saw this Econoline listed in an auction:

G7659.JPG

1976 Ford tactical box van

26,607 miles on odometer
Inline six cylinder gas engine
Three speed column shift manual transmission
Heat
AM
Manual windows and locks
LT235/85R16

A 3 speed column shifter? I'm old enough to remember 3 speed (and 3 speed overdrive) column shifters being the norm but anymore, with floor shifters being the norm, this van having a column shifter stood out to me... It is however a '76, so maybe not so uncommon...

BuzzGun79

Nov.TOTM 2012 / 2012 TOTY
Never seen one of these in a column shift Brad...mostly Automatcs..Ryder rental use to rent these out here back in the day..Today they have the "Other van" Cab....

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Last ford column shift was in 1980. I had an E 250 with one.

That box truck was very popular down here, Penske had a bunch of them

primetime

sawmill slave
Not that it answers your question Brad, But about 12 years ago I met a guy who claimed he had an 88 or 89 with a 300 and a 5-speed.

Workin' Rig

Stone Cold Bo Norris
Not that it answers your question Brad, But about 12 years ago I met a guy who claimed he had an 88 or 89 with a 300 and a 5-speed.

If i remember right i remeber seeing a Eseries owner manual from around that time and it listed manual trans as an option...

I wouldnt see why not seeing as how they are basically just an F series truck...

Fellro

Staff member
Main trick is the shifter location. The back of the motor is behind the throttle pedal, so the shifter would be behind the driver, so they would have to figure out how to make it move forward a ways.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts