Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

inline fuel pump

So i'm doing some repairs on my truck, and my inline high pressure pump leaks. I was looking at rockauto but can't find out the right pump....
Anyone has an idea what pump i should order? (4.9 inline6 engine)
thanks

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Is the pump leaking at a fitting?
could be an o ring in the line. pull the lines, and take a pick to the orings, pull them out and inspect them.

if you decide to replace your high pressure pump, this one from Rock auto will work
AUTOBEST F1011 {#D5UZ112155OB} Externally Mounted Electric Fuel Pump Info

Externally Mounted High Pressure Pump

$36.79

it looks like the whole strainer is soaked in fuel so my guess was the pump itself is leaking.
will take it of soon and have a look at it, was looking to order a pump since i needed to order some parts for the engine i'm working on, i'm swapping an engine with hole in a piston with another engine off which i'm changing all gaskets and the water pump first.
cleaning it up and painting it, then putting the ignition of my old engine (which been on it for 6months, and alternator (150amps) etc... on this engine.

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Here's an email I got recently. Use the discount.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Discount on RockAuto Parts!
Thank you for being a RockAuto customer! To show our appreciation, we have a special discount for you.

Your discount code is:

How to Use Your Discount Code
Enter the code above in the "How Did You Hear About Us?" space on the checkout page (above your payment information). Do not enter any other text in that space or the discount will not apply.

Please note: Discount only valid for orders placed online. Code must be entered before order is submitted.

The discount takes 5% off our already-low prices. There's no limit on order size or the number of orders. Use the code for your next order, and share the code with anyone you know who works on cars or trucks.

This discount code expires on July 10, 2016 so don't wait!

Thanks again for buying your auto parts at RockAuto!

www.RockAuto.com

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts