Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Inaugural compound and polish!

SFssft1911

North Carolina Chapter member
Nicely done.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Tell me more about how you guys did it.

Do you use the quick spray wax, then rub the bar over it? The bar really hangs on a dry surface so I assume that's the purpose. It took an insanely long amount of time to do my old truck a few years back.

Ryan

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I didn't find the clay bar to take any longer than a typical wax. I spray the Kwik detailer for a little lube...then I rub the bar over the sprayed are with a little force. I go in 'strips' across the area, always going the same direction. Then I give another Kwik spritz and buff out the section. Then wax...then a coat of polish.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Nicely done.

Thanks!

Tell me more about how you guys did it.

Do you use the quick spray wax, then rub the bar over it? The bar really hangs on a dry surface so I assume that's the purpose. It took an insanely long amount of time to do my old truck a few years back.

Ryan

Ben hit the nail on the head. I usually skip the polish step because a clay is mostly all I need to be content. So, to recap, quik detailer sprayed on the cool surface to lubricate the clay. Run clay over surface, periodically kneading it to reveal clean clay. Wipe the area clean with a good microfiber cloth after finishing the section. Spray wax on top and done!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts