Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Hydraulic Launch Assist.....

You know, it's amazing. I have always tried to get the point across to students and my family that "Braking is wasted energy". One time I had thought about how a rubber-band airplane is powered and wondered if that could ever apply to cars and trucks... and this is a really GOOD way of doing just that!
Kudos to Ford

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
I'm not trying to sound like a smart... alec or anything, but I read about this a couple years ago and thought, "Why the heck didn't they try this till now?" Batteries go bad and are a terrible mess.

Ryan

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
So what do you think this kind of system will do to the balancing of the drivetrain. I've read about complaints of driveshaft vibration without a bunch of other crap hooked up to the driveshaft underneath the truck. It kinda makes sense, but yet it'll add quite a bit of weight and just a bunch more crap to go bad. What happens if the clutch fails and sticks. Is it going to overpressurize the high-pressure tank? Talk about a blowout. Sheesh.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts