Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

How much tranny fluid for c6

If your just doing the filter then you will not be draining the tranny completely. Add about three quarts then check and add as needed.

* * HTC Incredible / Forum Runner * *

BuzzGun79

Nov.TOTM 2012 / 2012 TOTY
the stock pan holds 4 quarts, there are deeper pans available & usualy identification comes with them on how much they hold.being a plow truck,i do recomend a deeper pan & a trans cooler.looking in my summit racing manual to give you an idea the deep C-6 pan holds 6 quarts,is made of aluminum,has a drainplug & is finned at the bottom for cooling purposes.they are about 130 bucks there. check part stores & such you may find one less expensive.

Last edited:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
My shop manual is showing a 2wd C6 holds 11.75 qts and 13.375 qts for a 4wd trans, that's if the tc has been drained as well. One thing to note about deep trans pans is...depending on brand, there is cross member interference.

Also, I found a new pan at Autozone for $25. With a drain plug.

* * HTC Incredible / Forum Runner * *

BuzzGun79

Nov.TOTM 2012 / 2012 TOTY
did you just drain the pan? if the stick shows nothing add 2 quarts,1 at a time &run the engine & check it.the trans could have been low on fluid before you started.just dont over fill it.

did you just drain the pan? if the stick shows nothing add 2 quarts,1 at a time &run the engine & check it.the trans could have been low on fluid before you started.just dont over fill it.

Yeah it was just the pan but the pan and cooler lines were leaking before the repair. The stick was showing a quart off after I put in 6. I bought another but havent added it to see if its good yet. I was just curious why it was off after 6 but I guess it mightve been the leak.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts