Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Horn issue

Trying to get the dump truck ready for its NYS inspection but having horn issues. If I pull the button and hit the terminal in the steering colum and ground it anywhere on the body the horn works but it's not grounding through the center of the steering colum. Just finishing up a cab swap so did I miss hooking something up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Is the pad itself contacting?....they tend to oxidize.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
If I remember right, the ground is supplied by a piece of spring steel that fits down into a hole underneath the steering wheel.. Is that loose? Just a thought......

well it has been a few years and I still have not fixed it. Truck gets only a few hundred miles a year so never worried about it. Now I am going to a new inspection shop closer to home and I know they are going to check it. I have the horn bar installed. occasionally if the wheel is turned just right the horn will work. But not consistently. I am thinking pull the horn barn and check if continuity exist through it when the button is pushed. If yes then I have a wiring issue. If no then that is my problem.

Ford Truck Articles