Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

help please

hey i have a 2008 f250 6.4l ive just replaced the counter shaft in the transmission and i put it back in and now the truck wont attempt to start, and the gear selctor light will not come on everything else works

blacksnapon

Staff member
Standard (counter shaft) or automatic (gear selector light)?

blacksnapon

Staff member
Transmission Range (TR) Sensor Assembly

The TR sensor assembly is an internally mounted sensor that includes the detent spring, rooster comb and bracket, located next to the solenoid body. The components of the TR sensor are factory adjusted to each other and the TR sensor must be installed as a calibrated assembly. The TR sensor contains electronic circuitry that provides the PCM a fixed frequency duty cycle for each of the various positions of the manual lever (PARK, REVERSE, NEUTRAL, (D), M3, M2 and M1) to the PCM. The PCM uses the TR sensor signal for engine start, reverse lamps and for line pressure control, shift scheduling and TCC operation.

alright i changed all my fuses last night and it started but its throwing codes on my shift a & b circut and also the torq converter clutch circut, if i put it in gear it will engauge but dosent have the power to go in reverse and it will barley move in drive.. do i need to get the tr sensor? i also just added a new solenoid body on it when i had it out

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts