Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Grill insert opinions

rsalter66

New York Chapter member

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
OOOOOOH...so you're basically looking for a billet aluminum grille like the one in your sig...but for a 75-77. COme to think of it, I've never seen one on a truck for anything earlier than a 78. Now I gotta look for one.

OOOOOOH...so you're basically looking for a billet aluminum grille like the one in your sig...but for a 75-77. COme to think of it, I've never seen one on a truck for anything earlier than a 78. Now I gotta look for one.

I know LMC has them, there is a picture of one in their catalog.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I know LMC has them, there is a picture of one in their catalog.

Never look in LMC catalogs...only crap comes from them, so I have no use for any of their catalogs. That's why I didn't know about those grilles. Besides, I have good ol' DC 20 minutes down the road.

rsalter66

New York Chapter member
I am just trying to get an idea of what they look like in the 75-77 grille, they look good in the 78-79, I contacted that company but they don't have pictures?? I am going to try LMC and see if I can find that picture

rsalter66

New York Chapter member
I was just looking through that LMC catalog, WOW some of their prices are crazy, almost $700 for a OE fender, I could buy a whole damn truck? repos are cheaper

Last edited:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I gotta admit...I've NEVER liked billet grilles and think they look cheap and tacky. However, I think the split billet grille looks ALOT better than a billet grille on a 78/9. I'd still never have one, but I think it at least looks decent.

NOCO77

Somethin' Like That
Glad you went with your choice, Buck - it's mine too! I agree with you, Ben - the only time I like the billet grilles are on the all-out custom street machines, and then not just any, either. It's got to fit the image they're trying to express. (You know, like Ramone on 'Cars')

rsalter66

New York Chapter member
Thanks Tex, it does look better in person then it did in the photo I posted, seeing it like that, I say "Not Bad ! " I could see getting one

NOCO77

Somethin' Like That
Tex's isn't the billet one, though, Rick. If you like his, it is actually the steel tube style - round, it looks like.

rsalter66

New York Chapter member
well that is one of the types that stull rods has, but they have no pictures to show what it looks like

Well i dont know how well itll work.. but i think im goin to try to make a bar grille for my 78 with some 1/4in flat bar. But its goin to be black. Worse comes to worse ill just keep the stock if my homemade dont look good

1977 EXPLORER

Tennesee Chapter Member
mine in my truck are silver and black guessing its factory ?

Attachments

• DSCF3947.JPG

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts