Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Great Dealership Service - Kansas City Area!!!

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
For those of you living in the Kansas City area, Shawnee Mission Ford in Shawnee, Kansas is the place to go for service and body work.

I have been going to them for the major services (I do my own oil and fuel filters changes) and have developed a relationship with my Service Writer and the 6.0L tech(s). I have also gotten to know the Body Shop Manager.

Here is my story....

When my truck was new, I had a pitted front bumper from the factory and this dealer repainted it under warrenty (Fall 2003). With 152,000 miles and 6 years later, I took it back in for a horrible paint chipping problem and just asked if they would help me out? To my surprise, they said YES!!!! I had just shown them that my hood and front grill were perfect... but just the plastic bumper was all pitted and flaking.

For anyone that calls their dealership a "stealership" I encourage you to try and develop a "working rerlationship" with them as it has paid off in a big way over the years and now with my bumper getting repainted.

Yes... some of their parts may be overpriced, but sometimes asking for a discount, knowing what you want and asking for it in a nice way... usually gets you more than you may think. They take care of me since they see me every 30,000 miles for tranny service and other various services... and I buy my Ford Premium Gold coolant from them every 50,000 miles!!!

With one-day's notice I can always get in and usually wait for my truck and now with the favor that the body shop has done for me... I just wanted to let people know that good mechanics and body shop departments do exist... and for those in Kansas City... Shawnee Mission Ford is worth checking out.

Ask for Rachelle in the service department and Duane in the body shop.

By the way, the 6.0L mechanic is Melvin (my old guy I always used left the dealership).

Tell them Jeff with the '03 Excursion referred you!!!

By the way... I now have 152,000 problem-free miles on my '03 Excursion 6.0L PSD!!!

Last edited:

blacksnapon

Staff member
That working relationship is one of the most important things that you can do. Its nice to see someone reporting good service for a change.

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
That working relationship is one of the most important things that you can do. Its nice to see someone reporting good service for a change.

Reporting in...

I report.... you decide!!! (Now you know where Fox News got their slogan from.)

The truck has never needed service since my dad and I have dont everything ourselves, but the local Mopar dealer (My dad has an 04 Jeep GC) are a bunch of lying, stealing, dishonest assholes. :p

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts