Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

got me an 08 cc sht bed 6.4

loudandlifted

bleeds oval blue
it have about 121,000 on the ticker. runs like a top. its a color you dont see much. brown stone is what the dealer ship called it. just got a few questions about it. what is everyones opinions on the the oil and filter choices for this motor. what about fuel filter? and where is it located? what are your opinions on the dpf delete and egr shut off and h&s mini max tuner?

loudandlifted

bleeds oval blue
the fuel filter on the rail is a booger to get out defitnitly need a 36mm wrench or socket to get it. my local parts store couldnt find a coolant filter for my truck. is there something im missing?

blacksnapon

Staff member
the fuel filter on the rail is a booger to get out defitnitly need a 36mm wrench or socket to get it. my local parts store couldnt find a coolant filter for my truck. is there something im missing?
Theres a filter on top too. Its next to the oil filter. A coolant filter is a little more difficult on the 6.4 because there isnt any room under the hood. Any filter would have to be one aftermarket as there isnt one in stock form.

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
Theres a filter on top too. Its next to the oil filter. A coolant filter is a little more difficult on the 6.4 because there isnt any room under the hood. Any filter would have to be one aftermarket as there isnt one in stock form.

Just for my own curiosity, is there a set up that you would recommend?

Your around these engines enough, do you know of one particular company that makes a better product or one that performs better than the others?

Again, this is just for my own curiosity. I know didly squat about coolant filters.

loudandlifted

bleeds oval blue
yeah i cycled it a few times you could hear the air goin through the lines. yeah i changed the one on top too. i used wix filters. i hope they were right. they didnt feel the same goin in as the old ones did coming out

Last edited:

jebadiah04

Rooster Snorkler
motorcraft...every filter...every time

Ford Truck Articles