Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

got a new part!

econo61

head pervert
okla
got a new part today to make my econo go REALY REALY FAST!!!

anybody see what it is?

Attachments

• dash cluster_0002.jpg

econo61

head pervert
okla
cant wait to find out what that speedo is out of. never saw a 65 ford with a 140 speedo in it before. it has a c5 part number on it, i'm thinking either mustang or cobra. cant think of anything else they would have put one in.

wondered how long it would take someone to notice that by the way.

econo61

head pervert
okla
seems the numbers say mustang, or comet /montego.

some GENIOUS cut all the contacts off of the new guages so they could get them in the econo housing. guess i'll have to pull the faces and swap them around.

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
That speedo head is not Mustang or Shelby GT 350; COBRA aka AC Ace or Aceca; Comet. No Montego till 1968, no Maverick/Comet till 1970. Post the numbers off the back (should include 17255 or close)..I can decode them. Looks to be an export (Canadian) speedo head, notice that there is no reference to MPH. Gauge faces are 1960's Falcon/Comet, but Falcon/Comet & Mustang have sweep speedo. Round GT Mustang speedo has different face. If the face is 4 1/2" it might be: CC1TZ-17255-A ~ 1961/66 various Canadian trucks. >>>> 140 MPH = 85 KPH

I'm numberdummy from t'other site

Last edited:

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
update

C1UF-10876-AP .. Instrument Cluster Bezel~Fits: 1961/67 E100; 1961/64 B500/750 & 1961/66 F100/750-(model 84=open driveaway-less windshield)

econo61

head pervert
okla
i dont think it will run 140 with the little six in it, mabey 135, but not 140!

oh hell, who am i kiddin. got it up to 85 once, scared the livin poo poo outa me! you talk about a handfull. [and almost a set of drawers full!]

course that was 5 years and about 100 thou ago too.

and bill, thanks for the clarification. glad to know it is a mustang gt speedo!
i know someof those numbers are crazy to find!

i know someof those numbers are crazy to find!

If anyone can find numbers...for anything....it is him. He must have a huge database in his computer and a large library at his fingertips.

I am certainly glad that he is around to help us less...umm...discerning (will that word work here?):redface:

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
If anyone can find numbers...for anything....it is him. He must have a huge database in his computer and a large library at his fingertips.

I am certainly glad that he is around to help us less...umm...discerning (will that word work here?):redface:

I"m the one with the :redface: after swearing it wasn't a Mustang GT speedo, only to find out it IS a Mustang GT speedo by this stamped engineering number: C5ZF. correctamundo: C5ZZ-17255-A

Lousy way to start off on a new website. :lame:

econo61

head pervert
okla
i know what threw you, a lot of dashes i saw had the long speedo with the single guage on each end of it. only found 1 other speedo like this, and it was a 65 gt dash.

dang econo is gonna look real good with the stuck between the guages!

that and it oughta be good for at least another 100 horses and 150 pound feet of torque!

and bill, i have NEVER made a mistake on an econo part or vin number!:bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs:

bs flag

Last edited:

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
What threw me off was not having the correct car parts books to compare pics, and the fact that I haven't looked at any parts book (except 60-64 Galaxie parts) in 10 years until last November when I found t'other site.

Ford Truck Articles