Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Got a 92 f150!

My father in law was tired of seeing his truck sitting in his yard so he offered it to me. Went to his house with a trailer and hauled it back. It runs but has a random high idle so I'm thinking idle air control valve for that. It also has a motor mount broken and a cracked exhaust manifold. Heck it even had new spark plugs that he never put it. I might have time before i go out of town to get some pictures of it. But I will try to post some up soon. Truck only has 92k but the paint is in pretty sad shape. I may or may not keep it. Kinda tossed about selling my jeep and keep the truck or sell the truck and put it towards a new car for my wife.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Tell us more about the truck. Excellent!

Ryan

CowboyBilly9Mile

Charter Member
USA
..... It runs but has a random high idle so I'm thinking idle air control valve for that. .....

I'd suggest looking for a vacuum leak first. ;)

Beach66Bum

Top Poster Of Month
My father in law was tired of seeing his truck sitting in his yard so he offered it to me. Went to his house with a trailer and hauled it back. It runs but has a random high idle so I'm thinking idle air control valve for that. It also has a motor mount broken and a cracked exhaust manifold. Heck it even had new spark plugs that he never put it. I might have time before i go out of town to get some pictures of it. But I will try to post some up soon. Truck only has 92k but the paint is in pretty sad shape. I may or may not keep it. Kinda tossed about selling my jeep and keep the truck or sell the truck and put it towards a new car for my wife.

Keep the jeep, you'll both be happy YelloThumbUp

'hiding_smilie'

It's not to bad but it does need some work. I am going to wash it and try a clay bar then some no. 7 meguiars polish. The a/c is still ice cold and it's r12 I don't see and retro fittings or labels. If I sell it I need to quickly before I keep it.

I crawled under my jeep yesterday to put my front driveshaft in and took a look around to see how the rust was looking. Now I am trying to figure out wether I should fix the rust. Since Cherokee xj is a unibody the rust can be a big issue. It has slowly spread a little since i got it but the front leaf spring mounts are getting questionable, I'm going to have decide if it's worth trying to put new floors in or move on. The truck would be good vehicle for now after I put a little work into it. I'm going to seriously think about it before I sell the truck. The jeep also needs a front pinion bearing or carrier bearings I pinpointed the noise to the front diff the other day at work while I had it on the lift. My wife wants to keep her little 93 civic a little longer but it has had a head gasket issue twice. I just fixed it yesterday again but this time I did use a updated gasket and bolt set according to a tsb from Honda so we will see. I guess it's time to get something newer. Witch might mean the jeep is going.

I have thought about our vehicle status and have come to the conclusion that the truck for now is great option. It does some work but nothing major is wrong with it. My jeep has served me and my family well for many years but the rust is getting bad. To fix the rust correctly it needs floors replaced. My wife's car has been great also but after two head gaskets and one wreck that made us do a fresh paint job and some front sheet metal replacement on the front it's time to get something for her that is going to last another 10 years or so. Both my jeep and her car will make great deals for some else. I had not put much thought into the age of both our vehicles till recently and it hit me they are pretty old. I will still have my 64 hawk and my 83 crown Vic too so it's probably a good thing that I'm selling something at this point in my life.

It's official I'm getting my jeep ready to sell. I'm going to fix the bearing noise in the front diff so it's quiet. Then Im going to clean the jeep up and list on Craigslist. Soon after I'm going to start on the truck. I received the title over the weekend so I can transfer the truck soon.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Best of luck with the sale

Was looking into getting some new tires soon on the f150 so when I get it up and going it will be ready for winter. Ran across these on eBay just wandering if anybody heard of these or had ran them??
6c70da9aa74a3575c9c05509ff3b43e6.jpg

I can get the original mastercraft courser mt locally for about 540ish a friend of mine works at a quick lane service center. But those tires look nice and I want something meaty. Don't care about noise the truck will most likely stay local maybe a trip or two per year out of state.

I am running Falkon wild peaks at on my jeep and have been very happy with them but they are not as aggressive as a mt.

I take it ,that you have bad winter weather conditions?

The last couple of years we have had snow as deep as 16 inches. And it stuck around for a few weeks at a time. Most of the time KY winters are probably not that bad just some snow here and there but we do end up with freezing rain at the later part of our winters

The last couple of years we have had snow as deep as 16 inches. And it stuck around for a few weeks at a time. Most of the time KY winters are probably not that bad just some snow here and there but we do end up with freezing rain at the later part of our winters

Better safe than stuck!....YelloThumbUp

Ford Truck Articles