Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Future of FTF

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
Onyx looks more perturbed to me...

You cannot do on FB what you can do on sites like this. Posting part numbers, parts catalog pics, sources for NOS parts...there's just not enough space to do it.

When I gave a guy some info, the clueless so-and-so called me a spammer. Plus I don't care for the language, bickering, etc

I joined 3 groups (1961/66 & (2) 1973/79) on FB, was a member for a month, then dropped all 3 groups...all 3 are IMO...worthless.

Ken Payne who founded FTE then sold it to IB has a new site, it's not setting the world on fire either, but it seems to be holding its own.

At least one member typing in this thread is a member there, as I am.

Members die...

Dennis (Mil1ion) passed away, he had more info for 1973/79's than anyone. When he first joined FTF, sent me an email telling me to join.

My response was..."Dennis, I've been a member of FTF since March 2007."

btw: Some FB members are as dumb as dodo birds. In fact, they're so dumb that the only way they know it's a Ford, is because it says so on the truck somewhere. :rotz:

:rolling laugh:..........smilieFordlogo

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Geez...hate to see a thread like this. Coincidentally, looks like my last log in was November 2018...whoops.

heavydoc

Instigator
Staff member
WNC
We doing what we can, posting helps tremendously [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Doc, meet Ben, another Nc person.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Howdy Ben

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Howdy Doc...

have to ask, is your username in reference to heavy equipment maintenance or military medic orrrr????

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Also...not sure how possible it is here, but as this thread shows, forums are dying as a result of FB. Not sure if any of you are familiar with Keith Dickson of Fordification fame, but he seems to do a decent job bridging the gap in his groups by hosting content he only posts on his web page/forum and cross linking. A good chunk of it is his literature library and technical threads.

On 73-79 trucks, my literature library is actually larger than his, and I have all truck fact manuals/source books 59-97. I have about 5gigs (maybe more, can't remember) of scanned 73-79 truck info from a searchable MPC that I created, to rare dealer brochures to the fact manuals and fact bulletins. I'd probably be willing to make some kind of deal on usage if someone here wanted to post and cross post the content which when linked to the thread, should generate foot traffic.

Furthermore, I have a few groups that have right around a half million members, not sure what style of FB page FTF has, but if you can interact as a member, sharing linked content posted to the site could be another option as well.

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Ftf has a facebook page, but those guys usually just post pictures of trucks. I dont really post, I have a few pretty nice newer trucks, but like my projects more. They seem to post mostly bumpside, and dentside

Nice offer. I'll put some thought into it

I texted doc, he's not in wifi range, so couldnt answer you yet.
He is a heavy equipment doctor for John Deere.

We also have a heavy equipment thread here at FTF that he is the mod for. Stop in, and have a peek

heavydoc

Instigator
Staff member
WNC
Howdy Doc...

have to ask, is your username in reference to heavy equipment maintenance or military medic orrrr????

I am a Heavy Equipment mechanic, that was specialized in mining equipment. I now work for a John Deere dealer covering a very large service area. And most people call me “Doc”. So I figured Heavydoc fits pretty good[emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fellro

Staff member
The FB page has largely dropped to be an occasional odd pic from one user who shares some interesting but not mainstream pictures. I am defintely open to suggestions what to do with it all. If redirects are the trick, would be great. Forums in general are dying off, it is a pretty widespread issue.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/110907478840/?ref=bookmarks

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
I tried to start posting in there, and was sent a pretty stiff warning letter about how that's not welcome here, bla bla bla.
I haven't been back since.
I assumed pretty pictures was what it was all about, and I wasnt going to upset the apple cart

Blue-Truck-Nut97

crank polisher
Same here, even if it's just nonsense to generate traffic. Hopefully when things get better we can tackle some fun projects and post it up.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Same here, even if it's just nonsense to generate traffic. Hopefully when things get better we can tackle some fun projects and post it up.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk
Like this one?
82c65ef1504b000c1b3296124fb8760a.jpg
e15bbb56ad3d47500563b2eac78fb4f5.jpg

Fellro

Staff member
I tried to start posting in there, and was sent a pretty stiff warning letter about how that's not welcome here, bla bla bla.
I haven't been back since.
I assumed pretty pictures was what it was all about, and I wasnt going to upset the apple cart

That must have been before I took over, unless it was FB themaselves. I haven't shut anyone down unless they were out of line, which hasn't happened. Same rules apply there as here in my book. Just myself and Frank watch over it.

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
It's been a while. I mostly just look. I'll start posting there, see if we can generate some traffic there too

heavydoc

Instigator
Staff member
WNC
Sorry I do not have facebook and refuse to get it. I got enough agencies watching me as it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts