Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Ford Power Stroke Wins Diesel Shootout

Ford Power Stroke Wins Diesel Shootout

diesel-shootout-Main.jpg

But one engine proves better than the others for its lightweight construction, innovative materials, sophisticated aftertreatment, clever packaging and, yes, its ability to squeal the tires while hauling 10,000 lbs.: the Power Stroke V-8 in the Ford Super Duty.

From the composite oil pan and compacted graphite iron block to the cleverly packaged small-frame dual-compressor turbocharger placed beneath the intake manifold between the cylinder banks, the new Power Stroke is a magnificent piece of machinery, arguably the finest heavy-duty pickup diesel of the modern era.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
^^^Good news for Ford. I was reading in my Four Wheeler a couple days ago about the software upgrade the article mentioned. I thought it was hysterical.

Although...I was also reading how Dodge got the rights to a ZF 8 speed they're planning on using in their truck...I wonder how Ford is gonna combat that.

That was performed with the 2010 Chevy and Dodge. I wonder how it would work out with the 2011 D-Max (LML?).

Ford Truck Articles