Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Ford Can't figure it out

So here are the details
2009 F150 Crew Cab Platinum
97,000 Miles

3 months ago I come out on a Sunday morning truck cranks wont start . try several times. Leave come back midday truck starts right up. no problem no engine lights or any messages. Monday morning time for work, won't start. Tow to dealer, service rep tries it, won't start same deal cranks strong no start. Mechanic gets to it a few hours later starts up, can't figure it out. I leave it there for 5 days can't get no start situation to happen. Pick it up drive for 3 months a few thousand miles no problem.

Yesterday exact same scenario, by the time the mechanic got in at 8:30 started right up, my first try was at 6 am. They've contacted ford but so far no luck.

Any thoughts?

blacksnapon

Staff member
Automatic or manual? Do you have an alarm or remote start system? Plug to the inertia switch plugged in securely? No corrosion on the wiring to it?

Could your key be some how defective? A guy at work had the same thing happen with his car a long time ago and it turned out to be the computer chip in the key was messed up.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts