Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

for more opinions

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
i dont have a dent, i have a bump but i figured id post it here to get more views, since what i haft to say broads across to the dents as well

FE V8s, modifications, i got 352 i want to put some aftermarket parts on it after the rebuild, besides intake and carb. I need some other ideas.

I dumped the ***** now i got monies to fix my old truck.....and it basically just needs a engine rebuild, only thing major. and some body work.

anthony

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I do believe Dan would be the man to get into specifics for this thread. But the usual big ticket items are carb/intake, cam kit, headers/exhaust. Depending on how gung-ho you are, you may wanna revamp the bottom end with a 'bigger' crank and new pistons.

cheapest and easiest to do is to stroke it to 390, all factory parts and it is easy to do with a 390 crank, rods, pistons
heads, be sure to put inserts on the exhaust seats, unleaded will kill the seats and valves in short order
you mentioned intake, carb, headers, cam, so I guess that is a given you are going to do
there are some oiling mods that are simple and improve mainly the durability at higher rpms, and don't hurt a standard build
how fast do you want to go?

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
im wanting to shoot for 350 400 hp

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Well id just either find ya a 390 and rebuild it or get a new set of pistons, rods and a crank for a 390. Bore it out if it needs it I go to .030 so if I have to rebuild it again I can still go more. For a cam id talk to a good machine shop and theyll be able to match the cam to what ya want to do with it i.e. low end torque for towin or mid-high rpm they can probly match up a carb and intake better than most of us here can as well. I dont mess with headers on these cause the set that was on my 76 leaked everwhere and they burned up the starter. Get some good mufflers and 2 1/4 or 2 1/2 inch pipes and call er good.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts