Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

first problem with the truck

slmann

Charter Member
Festus, Mo.
washing the truck today and noticed the tailgate Ford badge was just barely hanging on. Went ahead and took it off the rest of the way so I wouldn't lose it. It appears it was just attached with a double sided adhesive tape/pad. Guess I'll have to figure out how to get it back on there, any ideas?

tailgate_pic.jpg

The pad is still stuck to the truck pretty good but the the mating surface on the badge isn't flat its has a slotted back on it.

Last edited:

slmann

Charter Member
Festus, Mo.
so if I tell the wife that I'm taking it to the dealer to get it fixed and I come home with a new truck, I technically wouldn't be lying. :wasntme:

so if I tell the wife that I'm taking it to the dealer to get it fixed and I come home with a new truck, I technically wouldn't be living. :wasntme:

Fixed it for you Scott

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I agree with Roy...the black 3M stuff damn near sticks anything to anything...just make sure it's clean. Goof-off (Xylene) works great but you have to be careful as it can dissolve plastic if you get carried away.

slmann

Charter Member
Festus, Mo.
so second problem. Had a chip and crack in the windshield that was repaired. Went out to wash the truck the other day and I guess I didn't wait long enough for it to cool down and when I hit the windshield with the water it split all the way up to the top. :headbang:

that isn't really a Ford problem but it still sucks.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts