Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

F150 2012 V8 shifting bump

When at low speed I feel a bump shifting into 1st or 2nd gear and after raising speed feel seems I feel shifting not a normal smooth shift. I read about a transmission flash and others say it's normal. Help!

blacksnapon

Staff member
When at low speed I feel a bump shifting into 1st or 2nd gear and after raising speed feel seems I feel shifting not a normal smooth shift. I read about a transmission flash and others say it's normal. Help!

TSB
13-1-14 5.0L ENGINE - TRANSMISSION SHIFT QUALITY CONCERNS

Publication Date: January 31, 2013

FORD: 2012 F-150

ISSUE:
Some 2012 F-150 vehicles equipped with a 5.0L engine may exhibit a delayed harsh downshift or an abrupt shift event when quickly releasing the throttle pedal after a brief hard acceleration. Other concerns may be a harsh 1-2, 2-3 or 3-4 upshift while driving.

ACTION:
Reprogram the powertrain control module (PCM) to the latest calibration using IDS release 83.01 and higher. Calibration files may also be obtained at www.motorcraft.com.

NOTE: PLEASE ADVISE THE CUSTOMER THAT THIS VEHICLE IS EQUIPPED WITH AN ADAPTIVE TRANSMISSION SHIFT STRATEGY WHICH ALLOWS THE VEHICLE'S COMPUTER TO LEARN THE TRANSMISSION'S UNIQUE PARAMETERS AND IMPROVE SHIFT QUALITY. WHEN THE ADAPTIVE STRATEGY IS RESET, THE COMPUTER WILL BEGIN A RE-LEARNING PROCESS. THIS RE-LEARNING PROCESS MAY RESULT IN FIRMER THAN NORMAL UPSHIFTS AND DOWNSHIFTS FOR SEVERAL DAYS.

WARRANTY STATUS:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts