Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

exhaust sugestions.

i've got to put one on SOON. cat back. 91 150 4.9 4x4 short box. i can't find 1 under $350. i want to go back to stock 2.25" the flowmaster sucked. lasted a total of 2 yrs. 5k miles and my step terrorist paid $450 for that 3" junk.
i don't mean to trash FM....just the one i had went to hell.
ideas would be appreciated

Last edited:

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
I'm happy with my flo-pro I have decent sound idle, make a baby cry when you get on it....LOL but that's just me!

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
Have you checked into a local shop bending one up for you? I like the tone and quality of magnaflow, but you might be able to buy one of their muffs, and have it installed cheaper than buying a system.

Eric i think thats the route to go. as Tony said..find a shop to bend the pipe.

Bob Ayers

North Carolina Chapter member
Durham, NC
I'm happy with the Gibson stainless catback on my Ranger. It's not much louder than stock, and doesn't have the obnoxious "droan" I've heard from the Flowmasters.....

96270464-L.jpg

96270468-L.jpg

96270461-L.jpg

Last edited:

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
My buddy's dad owns a muffler shop. He always tells us that Magnaflow are the highest failure aftermarket mufflers. They rust out the quickest of them all.

I'd suggest going to your local muffler shop and asking if they have any discarded mufflers that still work. My friend hooked me up with a gibson muffler that an older guy decided he didn't like. He used scrap pipe to build the rest of the exhaust and he said I owed him nothing. You should be able to get away for $50 if you do it that way...

Ryan

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
whole series of issues... busted welds abound. I heard one that was like 6 months old. When you shake it the rattling is obnoxious. I'm sure it was worse when hooked up.

Ryan

I had cat-back duals put on by a guy locally, with Dynomax Thrush Glasspacks...mellow tone, with an attitude. whole mess cost me $200., over-the-axle and straight out the back. Turn-outs woulda been cheaper.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts