Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

E-250 to E-150 suspension swap?

hello all,

New guy here. I ran some searches and have not located anything.

I *think* I will be acquiring a 96 E-250 work van for free. I do not know details such as engine size or anything.....yet, I just know it is a straight good running vehicle. They haul equipment and paint for striping parking lots in it (in the summer).

I know the E-250 is a 3/4 ton. That is just too heavy for my needs. I would like to ditch the heavy suspension and swap in 1/2 ton components (the van is free).

Would the suspension from an E-150 or F-150 bolt in?

Thanks all,
Mike

Normally that would be great advice. With the future plans I have...the heavier suspension won't work. I may end up with a front clip from something else once I get it. I will just have to see what will fit once I get the van. Do some salvage yard scrounging. :p

They were supposed to have sent me some pics today of it..but they ended up being gone all day. Maybe tomorrow. I still don't know what engine is in it.

Fellro

Staff member
You could always swap out the springs if you don't like that, but I believe you can go to the point of swapping the I-beams out to the frame with the 150 units. Can't say outright if the spindles are a straight swap.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts