Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

"Domino Effect" Chores

LOL...like Tony said... that was the "angle" I was going for!

F One Fifty

Sometimes here. Really.
I've never really found those bumper lights, of that size, to be worth much. In fog, I REALLY can't see. But actually the "fog light" name, I suspect relates to the way the light is directed out in a fog-like manner.

Ever consider some of those cute little bluish lens thingies? They look nice when on, but probably do about the same as the ones you have.

I've thought about putting a different type of light in my fog lights built into the front end. I've got one broken one..housing, lense and all. And the whole unit to replace it is well over a hundred bucks, which I just can't afford.

I'd really prefer a direct driving beam, trying to put light on the road UNDER the fog. Plus, being lower, they'd be a tad less hard on approaching eyeballs in the dark.

In any case ... that's still a fine lookin' truck.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
dick, these lights are actually intended to assist my regular headlights. They have condensation inside, and the lenses are in the initial steps of browning. I'll probably be replacing those sometime this summer. These new lights are labeled as 'driving lights' and are actually brighter than the ones I have. :p

Ryan

Last edited:
Don't you know that with cataracts, each light gets its own "RING" or "HALO"? You just doubled the effects!

Drive carefully.... There are more of us out there than you may realize....

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
dick, these lights are actually intended to assist my regular headlights. They have condensation inside, and the lenses are in the initial steps of browning. I'll probably be replacing those sometime this summer. These new lights are labeled as 'driving lights' and are actually brighter than the ones I have. :p

Ryan
Meguairs PLASTX removes the yellowing on headlights. Tube toothpaste works too.

Paraphrased old ad jingle: "You'll wonder where the yellow went, when you polish your headlights with Pepsodent."

Inside the lens, use 20 volume peroxyde. Available at salon/beauty supply stores. Or just check at work, Ryan.

What were you saying about "Domino Effect"? I just had the DS Quarter off the little lebaron for a little bodywork, then decided the door hinges needed new shims, then decided to rewire the loom to the power windows, then installed new speakers, then.......:rofl:

Too many for my own good.

I got these:
2000 F350 Supercrewzer 7.3 dually
89 E150 Conversion Van
99 Subaru Outback Sport
2005 Victory Cycle
1987 Blazer
1984 E350 Motorhome
1990 Chrysler Lebaron Convertible
1979 Chrysler Lebaron 360HO
various tractors and implements
2002 Freightliner FLD120 Cummins 500
25' gooseneck trailer
2 pickup bed trailers
1977 Cree Travel Trailer
1967 Pontiac GTO (in California)
AND I maintain the pickups in the company Fleet for American Ramp.

I got tired just writing all of those

Too many for my own good.

I got these:
2000 F350 Supercrewzer 7.3 dually
89 E150 Conversion Van
99 Subaru Outback Sport
2005 Victory Cycle
1987 Blazer
1984 E350 Motorhome
1990 Chrysler Lebaron Convertible
1979 Chrysler Lebaron 360HO
various tractors and implements
2002 Freightliner FLD120 Cummins 500
25' gooseneck trailer
2 pickup bed trailers
1977 Cree Travel Trailer
1967 Pontiac GTO (in California)
AND I maintain the pickups in the company Fleet for American Ramp.

I got tired just writing all of those

Umm...ooooook. You must have a huge insurance bill! :eek:

I have a 2001 explorer, a 56 F-100, and a pile of left over ranger/bronco II parts that are going to the scrap yard when I get the truck going again.

I got rid of a monte (in parts). I am getting some ford truck parts including a 9" rear end (got to go get it). I got some stuff for dads 88 F-150 already.

F One Fifty

Sometimes here. Really.

Ryan

My Intrepid has condensation in the lights too..plus worn out lenses. I hate this plastic crapola. I did, however, do a restoration on the lenses and it helped emmensely. I also, from the experience of putting them in my F150, put some super bright light bulbs in and MAN what a difference!!! You ever tried any of the aftermarket bulbs? For the life of me, I can't remember the name of these, but they are like 50 bucks a set ... come in a dark blue package, I think. Checker sells them. Egad.. I'll wake up at 4 in the morning saying their name ..... grrrr.. getting old IS what it's cracked up to be. ( Problem is.. I ain't that freakin OLD!!) Does Silverstar ring a bell?

In any case... they are a totally awesome bulb and I highly recommend them to everyone. If a guy can afford fancy wheels and big mud tires, then he can also afford a GOOD set of headlights. ( Not referring to you, in particular, Ryan.) But your reply made me think of these bulbs and how impressive they are.

I think there's even a better and brighter set out now, but I know for sure I don't know their name or where I even saw them at.

OK. .. ...turning the babble off, again.

.................They have condensation inside..................

You can get the condensation out too. Drill a tiny hole in the lowest corner of the lens. Drill a similar hole on top somewhere. Heat it up with a blow dryer (or let sit in the hot sun all day). Let it cool off. Then plug the holes with clear silicone.

I have seen some that actually get water in them from so much condensation, a leak, or offroading.

If that happens, just remove the silicone and dry them again.

Umm...ooooook. You must have a huge insurance bill! :eek:
I pay less for all of those than I did for two cars in California. I get a farm rate, and the company picks up the tab on the big truck, so it's not so bad. I think I pay 2-300/month in all, including homeowners insurance.
The only car with full coverage is the Subaru, but they all have zero deductable comprehensive.
Every so often I have to call Jeff Montgomery and say,"Hey, Jeff! I got another one!" :rofl:

Ford Truck Articles