Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

DNFXDLI's 79 F150 Build Part 2

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
:):angel::rolling laugh:

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
You guys are harsh....:rofl::rofl::rofl:

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
It's not even a truck anymore, it's a wish.

Ryan

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Ok...so I picked up a couple of mini jacks today to use with the porta power to use as a bucking bar for the rivets....the bucking bar that I have is just too big to get into a few places.

A recap on the rivets....I was going to buy an acetylene or propane torch setup to heat the rivets but it will be a one time use and I have no room to put anymore shit...first world problems.

I looked into an "inductor" bolt heater but it was just going to be too small....so, I'm going to get creative....a 1000 watt ZVS mosfet induction heater....they can be had for around $40 on Aliexpress ect....that coupled with a power supply, small pump should fit the bill nicely for doing around 30 rivets...and if it craps out after that, meh.

Stay tuned :D

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
On the plus side, after doing the maintenance at 2 production shops that used equipment from Taiwan and Mainland China, I'm pretty good at figuring out their translations...which I'm pretty sure is done by someone that doesn't speak English or Chinese....:rofl:

Chinglish is the term i believe :):)

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

Ford Truck Articles