Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

different look at oil filters (before and after)

blacksnapon

Staff member
Picture_118.jpg
Picture_117.jpg

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
I guess the ones below are for low profile applications?!

CowboyBilly9Mile

Charter Member
USA
I quit using the PH2 and switched to the FL-820 after the stinking Frams, brand new out of the box, were leaking oil onto my garage floor after a couple hundred miles of use. That wasn't the only reason, but it was the final nail in the coffin.

*Look at the construction of the screw on ends of the PH2 and FL-820 and ask yourself "which of these two will flow better than the other". Also, note where each of them is made.

Last edited:

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
The 6.0L PSD motor uses a cartridge filter which is just the filter media and no metal canister.

This helps reduce costs, waste and saves more (metal in this case) from being in our landfills.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
The 6.0L PSD motor uses a cartridge filter which is just the filter media and no metal canister.

This helps reduce costs, waste and saves more (metal in this case) from being in our landfills.
... did I miss something? How does this pertain to this thread at all? LOL

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
... did I miss something? How does this pertain to this thread at all? LOL

Easy....

The filters shown are old and used and the photos show how they crush down to a "smaller package".

I was just making an observation that even after being crushed, it is amazing how much still goes into the land fills... and that the 6.0L and 6.4L diesels use a cartridge filter. Less material, less waste. The 7.3L was the last diesel to use a "spin-on" oil filter.

That's all nothing more than that.

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
I will keep that in mind to help influence my decision if I am ever in the market for a 6.0 LOL.

Great... more 6.0L owners are always welcome here at FTF.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts