Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Danged Window!!

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
well this mornin me and ann went out to my truck to go grocery shopping and got in and on the dashboard was a lake. it had been raining all night and my window starting just flowing water in. it ever since ive had the truck. but it was like a dribble here and there. and sitting over night there might be a quarter size puddle on the dash. but this morning the whole area over the radio was full of water. and my radio is really fuzzy now. so 2 questions...

1. Should if i take the truck to a glass shop for them to reseal my window bout how much should it cost? if they break the glass will they replace it at no cost to me. as my window has 0 cracks or chips or any pitting.

2. should i pull out my radio and bring it inside and let it dry out? ill be super pissed if i end up needing a new radio.

most glass places won't guarante not braking the glass on the way out. You can ask thow when i had it done it cost me about 60 bucks. also the radio might still work don't dry it with a hair drier just let it air dry.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I'd pull the radio out Chris and see if there is moisture in it. If there is, carefully remove the top cover and let it air dry. If it is very wet, that might take a day or two.

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
Safelite is a national company. Resealing a windshield should cost about $75, and any reputable glass shop will guarantee not breaking it.

Fellro

Staff member
If they have the right tools, it is an easy job for them. I used Safelite when I lived in South Dakota on a rollover job. They have a heated knife that makes taking it out and cleaning it up easy.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts