Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

craigslist kinda off topic but so cool 1968 1 0wner station wagon

Sorry if this is to off topic but I just love this but have no cash & thought some of you would apreciate it's originality.
John
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/cto/2197807192.html
3kf3p73l05Q15P65X2b2472d93675869f15b9.jpg

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
Sorry if this is to off topic but I just love this but have no cash & thought some of you would apreciate it's originality.
John
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/cto/2197807192.html
3kf3p73l05Q15P65X2b2472d93675869f15b9.jpg
Seller claims it's a Ranch Wagon. It is not, it's a Country Sedan.

Ranch Wagon (no 'wood' trim): 1952/60 2 door full sized Ford station wagon.

Country Sedan (no 'wood' trim): 1952/91 4 door full sized Ford station wagon.

Country Squire ('wood' trim): 1951 2 door "Woodie" station wagon (first use of the Squire name, the outer rails were wood, the inner panels were decals), 1952/91 4 door full sized Ford station wagon.

Polar Bear: My wife's secretary's husband passed away 2 years ago. He had a minty '66 Country Squire he bought brand new.

I never saw the car, wasn't interested, and AFAIK, his son acquired it after he passed away.

What's interesting is, this may be the same car since he lived in the same city this car is now for sale in (Los Alamitos CA).

Last edited:

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
Seller claims it's a Ranch Wagon. It is not, it's a Country Sedan.

Ranch Wagon (no 'wood' trim): 1952/60 2 door full sized Ford station wagon.

Country Sedan (no 'wood' trim): 1952/91 4 door full sized Ford station wagon.

Country Squire ('wood' trim): 1951 2 door "Woodie" station wagon (first use of the Squire name, the outer rails were wood, the inner panels were decals), 1952/91 4 door full sized Ford station wagon.

Polar Bear: My wife's secretary's husband passed away 2 years ago. He had a minty '66 Country Squire he bought brand new.

I never saw the car, wasn't interested, and AFAIK, his son acquired it after he passed away.

What's interesting is, this may be the same car since he lived in the same city this car is now for sale in (Los Alamitos CA).

Carpooled to school in a '66 Country Sedan with the dual-facing rear seats. Always liked that car for some reason. Engineer at JPL order that car. Didn't want much in the way of options, but he did opt for the big motor, Automatic, PS and Power Disc Brakes. These folks kept a car forever- his own DD was a '39 Ford Coupe.

BTW- that could be a Ranch Wagon. The model morphed from a 2-door wagon to the budget model in the lineup. Here's a page from Ford's '68 Brochure. They show two Ranch Wagons- a base model and a Custom 500 Ranch Wagon.

12.jpg

Easiest way to spot the Ranch Wagon was the plain seats and no chrome around the doorframes. Always liked the '68 Country Squire.

11.jpg

Last edited:

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
Ranch Wagons w/4 doors: 1966/70. I shoulda looked before trusting memory. :rotz:

I look at these old tubs today and wonder what madness God hath wrought to have enabled us to buy such oversized elephantine behemouths.

'Course, I'm no better than anyone else, cuz out in my garage...is a much newer example.

Last edited:

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
Ranch Wagons w/4 doors: 1966/70. I shoulda looked before trusting memory. :rotz:

I look at these old tubs today and wonder what madness God hath wrought to have enabled us to buy such oversized elephantine behemouths.

'Course, I'm no better than anyone else, cuz out in my garage...is a much newer example.

Wifey and I were looking at her new Suburban a few years ago, and she opined that she liked the new SUV's much better than the big wagons we used to have (two Caprice Wagons back when). I grinned and said "who are you kidding? That thing's a Kingswood Estate with four-wheel-drive. Probably shares a lot of the drivetrain pieces with the old Kingswood too." I was right- but it didn't get me any bonus points either. :headbang:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Mmmmm...station wagons, I love em. All fine looking cars that have been posted.

dakonthemountain

California Chapter member
I'd love a Country Squire. Really reminds me of my childhood in the 60s when everyone with a family had a station wagon, including us. But ours was a brand new 1960 Plymouth Deluxe Station wagon with HUGE fins... It's worth a small fortune now if you could find it!

In the meantime,.... I'll stick to Ford trucks! :)
Dak

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
I'd love a Country Squire. Really reminds me of my childhood in the 60s when everyone with a family had a station wagon, including us. But ours was a brand new 1960 Plymouth Deluxe Station wagon with HUGE fins... It's worth a small fortune now if you could find it!

In the meantime,.... I'll stick to Ford trucks! :)
Dak

We had a 1967 pontiac catalina. Had a 400 in it. My dad fried 2 transmissions pulling a travel trailer on our outings.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts