Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Cold weather condensation

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Yep no problem youll definitly notice a differnce in how quick it warms up. Mine got that warm cause it had two of em on my 390 my 410 has one and it dont get as hot as the 390 did but it gets warm enough to help thin out the oil and have the heater somewhat warm. Kinda overkill for the winters here but it was nice to have the heater warm and then start to defrost the windshield in a few minutes. Just be careful about turnin your heater on hot with ice on your windshield cause on newer vehicles or newer windshields it can crack em cause of the temperature differnce.

Do they suck a lot of juice? I'd like to leave it plugged in all night.

I've read the factory block heater on my 6.0 diesel is a 1500 watt.

HazzardMadWolf

Go Fast Turn Left
I was always heard they do pull quite a bit of juice, but then again those were tractors. I don't currently have a block heater, how hard is it to install one?

blacksnapon

Staff member
Check out the pcv valve and the hose. Its the valves job to remove moisture from the crankcase. Short trips dont help either.

PCV valve works fine, lots of suction... I replaced it a couple of months ago as well.

In the morning, or after school when I go to fire it up, I hear this horrible high pitched squeal/scraping sound coming from what I assume is the top end of the motor. It only lasts for 3-5 seconds.

If you've ever used a key cutting machine, the ones you'll find at wal-mart or whatever, it sounds exactly like that. Sounds like metal on metal to me.

Something makes me think that there is something going on with the timing chains/tensioners, because it also sounds like the chain is rubbing on something for a second.

This motor has been taken very good care of, regular maintenance, and runs like a fricken top in the summer. The engine still runs great, but the noises it makes are not cool.

Maybe I'm just paranoid....

Thanks,

Derek

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts