Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

chasing a couple gremlins again this spring...

jebadiah04

Rooster Snorkler
Need some help with gremlins.

Problem #1...most frustrating

No headlights. No highs. No lows. No lights period. j have tails and ambers.

Switches are new

Funny part is I can hear the relays clicking away. What are the odds both headlights burned out at the exact same time with very little use. Been sitting in my garage all winter. I have high beams and lows wired on separate relay circuits. And they are engaging. Anyone remember what color wires do what on these rigs?

2nd issue.

My wipers no longer find home and just stop wherever. And forget about the delay setting. lol

Last time it did this it started working again After a little use. How do I fix that little point that is supposed to be connecting?

I really Need to drive her more.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Might also take a look at the dimmer switch. I seem to have a dim memory of power for the lights going through that switch?

jebadiah04

Rooster Snorkler
They do, but the high beam indicator goes on and off. So confused

jebadiah04

Rooster Snorkler
In true flareside fashion they started working. Funny how this truck does that. Probably never have an issue again.

Now I gotta figure out the wipers

jebadiah04

Rooster Snorkler
And like I said the relays were clicking. These are relays I put in with direct wiring to the bulbs. So either I had a ground that was faulty or something was shorting out. Both relays ate fused and like I said they run totally separate from each other. Only thing common is the ground from.the bulbs.

I think my truck just gets sassy when I don't use her for a few months, kinda like a woman.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Maybe...but after a while, they just capitulate and do what they are supposed to do.

The trucks that is

:D

jebadiah04

Rooster Snorkler
Also...the wipers starter working again. I really need to drive her more. Haha. 1 good heavy rain storm and now they work like new again.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts