Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

cel on my '12 5.0

fordman76367

Texas Chapter member
ive had a c.e.l. on my 2012 f150 5.0 and the code is 0430 if i remember right, auto zone scanner said it was a cat malfunction low bank 2 i think, i have a flowmaster super 44 dumped just before the rear end but the light came on before the exhaust was done. my question is 1. even thogh my exhaust was done AFTER the light came one would it effect any warranty work or cause issues with that? and 2. is auto zone pulling the corect diagnosis for that code, and has the cat/ 02 sensors been a regular problem on these new 5.0's?
i've not noticed any lack in performance of my truck it acts just fine and has acted just fine since the day i brought it home, i find it weird that the cats or 02 sensors wouldve burned up within the first couple monts of its existance

blacksnapon

Staff member
I've been replacing some driver side cats recently for the same code. Need a reflash too!

fordman76367

Texas Chapter member
i find it odd that its throwing a code so early in life, ill try and reflash if it comes up again ill take it in for warrantee work,

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts