Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

carb rebuild?

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
so im trying here because alot of people visit the dent area.

But i got the itch to work on my bump again, stole the battery out of my gen 9 got some points, and freshened it up a bit. It acts like it wants to start, some puttering so close to starting.

I put a new rebuilt carb on 3 years ago, that i got for free, but since then it has sat.

could i need a carb rebuild to get it to start?

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
It's a good possibility that the carb has gummed up from sitting and needs a good cleaning/ going through.

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
doesnt matter if i needed one or not, now i do..back fired right through the carb flames and all...right in my face..

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
^^^Ouch...that's never fun. Did you look like one of those cartoon characters. But to answer your original question, yeah I woulda done a rebuild anyway, seals dry out...gaskets get brittle...and you dunno what kinda little things left debris or part of a home down inside that sucker. Typically, after a carb has been run, I don't like letting a carb sit on the shelf for more than 6 months...sometimes stretch that to 12, before I feel it should be rebuilt.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts