Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Burt is moving to New Zeland This Friday..

dakonthemountain

California Chapter member
Well, the deed is done. The international inspector came today, drooled over Burt, offered to buy him if the original buyer didn't.... Cash deposit is received, shipper comes Friday with the balance in cash with a flatbed truck and takes him to the Port of Long Beach, where they are going to crate him for the ocean voyage. So New Zeland becomes one classic Ford Dentside truck richer.. and the US, one less.

I got more than my asking price, but still... 11 years of love, work, sweat, blood and $$$$$$.....

What a sad day. Somehow I feel sort of like a traitor. I know it's just a truck, but still........

I'll hang around here from time to time guys, but for now I guess I need to go into mourning..

Burt says thanks for all your help through the years, as do I.

Best,
Dak

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
It's just horrible watching a vehicle you love go away.

And I see no reason why you should leave FTF!

Ryan

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Sucks to see Burt go, but what a story!

Atleast it's going to a good home....might as well hang around.

Whereabouts did he go to in New Zealand dak? If he came to the south island i might see him on my travels .... i'll make sure i give him a pat for you if i do see him.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Well, the deed is done. The international inspector came today, drooled over Burt, offered to buy him if the original buyer didn't.... Cash deposit is received, shipper comes Friday with the balance in cash with a flatbed truck and takes him to the Port of Long Beach, where they are going to crate him for the ocean voyage. So New Zeland becomes one classic Ford Dentside truck richer.. and the US, one less.

I got more than my asking price, but still... 11 years of love, work, sweat, blood and $$$$$$.....

What a sad day. Somehow I feel sort of like a traitor. I know it's just a truck, but still........

I'll hang around here from time to time guys, but for now I guess I need to go into mourning..

Burt says thanks for all your help through the years, as do I.

Best,
Dak

I have always feared this day would somehow come my way as my rig is truly a toy and not one of our mandatory commuters.

David, I hope you reconsider hanging around here......we're all family, dysfunctional but family nonetheless.....
smilieawshucks-smiley-018.gif

smilieIagree smiliewhathesaid

I'm glad things worked out for the best, David. You don't need a truck to be a fanatic!

smiliewhathesaid smilieIagree

BuzzGun79

Nov.TOTM 2012 / 2012 TOTY
it sucks when you have to do this..i know this all to well,but look at the positives,you got more out of Bert for one,you have friends here that want you to stay.& you never know what the future will bring your way Dave!

Jolly Green

I Salt My Ketchup
That's a tough one to deal with. Been there, myself, letting go of a vehicle that I loved. Sorry, man.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Dang Dak...through our e-friendship, I feel I've really gotten to know you and Burt...and my heart strings are pulling a little bit right now.

dakonthemountain

Hey thanks guys, I'm feelin' the love! (Burt is too!) I appreciate your kind words and I'll be around. It's just that it's not quite as much fun to talk about something you don't have anymore.. I fully intend to get another one some day though. You're a great bunch of guys and I'll be in touch soon. I'm going to be gone for a while though due to some more family stuff that we have to take care of... then.............. I'LL BE BACK!!!!! and I'll talk s*&^ with y'all again!

Till then, Keep the rubber on the road ! (well, or dirt, mud, or water! )

Best,
David
AKA Dak

dakonthemountain

Whereabouts did he go to in New Zealand dak? If he came to the south island i might see him on my travels .... i'll make sure i give him a pat for you if i do see him.

The address is at home, I'll check it and post tonite. Thanks for keeping an eye on Burt if you do see him... :)
Dak

P.S. I apologize about the bad spelling of your beautiful country! New Zealand....

He likes being called a KIWI !

:)

Ok, Kiwi,..... Burt is moving to Stokes Valley, Wellington. :( (so far away....:(

David

Hi David - Wellington is at the bottom end of the North island and i live in the South island ... i will keep an eye on the Ford clubs and if he turns up i will let you know how the new owner is getting on with him.
Don't worry too much about Burt as he will be a rarity out here and will be well looked after - probably spend a lot of time at show and shines as well as general cruising ...... he's too good looking to be used as a workhorse.

Ford Truck Articles