Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Buck's truck is Truck of the Month!

Againnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn ?

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
That was my point.

It was the most talked about truck in this forum and possibly the site.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
It's a great looking, well done truck and I think it's a great motivator for anyone doing a project!....perhaps I just misunderstood your post Dennis.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
Hey, thanks for all the kudos fellas!!! It makes the truck build so much better when it gets the compliments and respect from other members. I'm hoping to get the truck 99% completed this summer (I still have future plans).

chuck101st

Springfield XD-9
Downs,IL.
Congrats. Buck!!!!

Buck,
You really do deserve the praise, especially for taking it out of the woods and maiking it look as good as it does. It really is a GREAT looking truck and I can only imagine how fun it is to stab the go pedal with 521 cubic inches of stroked big block Ford under the hood !! Did you use the 240 inline six cylinder truck rods and a .080 overbore to achieve the 521 ? Thanks.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
Thanks. I used a 521 stroker kit that I bought from a performance engine builder that was made for .030 over. Yes, it is very nice to have that big block under the hood. The only thing I'm thinking about changing is the fuel/carb. I'm finding that tuning my Ethanol Carb is touchy and still haven't figured it out quite yet and trying to start the truck in cold weather is virtually impossible. So, I'm thinking about going back to Gasoline. Only problem with that is, I'm not sure the engine will run on 92 or 93 Octane with my compression ratio and smaller cam. I've read so many different things on that subject from absolutely not to yes it'll work, so I'm not too sure. Best thing i can do is try and see what happens. Worse comes to worse, I add some good octane booster when I fill up and see. But, that makes a 32 gal fillup pretty spendy. However, I don't drive it that much, so it won't make too much of a difference. So we'll see, I'm not sure exactly what I'll do.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
You can always use toluene Buck...waaaaay cheaper and provided you don't get past a 50% mix, it's ok on the rubber parts. For the record. it's 114 octane....and cheap at paint supply stores.

You can always use toluene Buck...waaaaay cheaper and provided you don't get past a 50% mix, it's ok on the rubber parts. For the record. it's 114 octane....and cheap at paint supply stores.

Never heard that before Duncan...cool factoid of the day :)

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Formula 1 racers used to use a 84/16 mix of toluene and n-heptane (octane 0). Here is an example:

(91oct x 10 gal) + (114oct x 2 gal) / 12 would get you 94.8 or roughly 95 oct.

or

(91 oct x 10 gal) + (114oct x 4 gal) /14 would get you 97.5 oct.

Some rubbers are susceptable to the toluene...so you have to start watching for that.

Ford Truck Articles