Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

brake line opinions please

I am the kind of guy that always looks for things to fix, paint, shine or replace.
These two lines that come out of the master cylinder had a metal bracket around them that was badly rusted. I took that off with the intention of using something better. I noticed that the lines are a bit rusted too. They are not leaking and appear solid. I will replace them in the future but are they ok to use for now? Will painting protect them or will that simply seal in the corrosion? I like the fact that in their natural state I can inspect them for any leaks until replaced. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Donald

Attachments

• brake lines.jpg

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
I would put new ones on. if you are going to keep the truck, go with stainless steel.

Nothing like hitting the brakes for a panic stop, and a line blows out

I can do a write up if you want

I'll agree with what has already been said. Stainless is probably the best situation. Those appear to be significantly corroded. If the corrosion was light, it could be cleaned & painted, but cleaning those might cause a leak. There's more cost & work doing the stainless, but when it's done there should never be any more problems.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts