Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Blue XLT door panels.

Dennis Carpenter has in stock their (painted) blue passenger side door panels with the chrome accent.
I called to ask about the drivers side and I basically was told that I have to just keep watching for them to post them. They run certain ones at one time to keep them from getting mixed up.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Painted?...they told me they are molded in the color.

Painted?...they told me they are molded in the color.

Thats right. He said that as they were changing the color of the pellets, the "calico" panels that were molded would be painted and sold.
Since this was working for them , they decided to just mold them all out of black pellets and paint them all.
I was a bit disappointed.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
I wonder what kind of paint process they would use. I was all set to order some red ones for my truck, but I am having second thoughts..........

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
That sucks....it will flake off...just like a dyed dash

I got the passenger side panel today. The panel is NOT painted blue, it's blue plastic.smilieFordlogo

The chrome paint how ever needs a bit of touchup. I'll call and see if they have touch up bottles or find out what type paint to buy.

Also got a flyer for a F-100 supernationals Truck Show, in pigeon forge Tenn.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
That chrome should be hot pressed on it and not paint.

Ford Truck Articles