Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Amsoil

Michigan
Anyone ever put Amsoil in their 92-96 F150 or bronco with either a 302 or 351? I can get it at a pretty good discount so do you think it would be worth buying that or keep on running my Motorcraft (Which i like).

blackhat620

You Had to be There
Arizona
Personally, even if you can get it for free i would stick with the Motorcraft. But then again i wouldn't run amsoil in a lawn mower if it was free.

Last edited:
Michigan
Really? Il keep that in mind.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Amsoil is a terrible product. They claim compatibility with a wide range of vehicles but lack industry-standard certifications. When I first got my truck I bought the most expensive ATF I could find (Amsoil) and stuck it in my transmission. Transmission started making some horrific noises around the TC after that. Drove me nuts for months. Finally I thought to put regular Valvoline dino ATF back in and the sound went away immediately, never came back.

Ever since that experience, I'll NEVER use Amsoil again.

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
In this day and age of slick marketing and such, why not just stick to an oil brand that is industry rated by the API and carries the certification on the bottle.

At least you will be assured that certain minimum standards are met and are on file somewhere. Amsoil can state all tey want, but without an industry certification, it just their word.... and I'm not willing to trust my motor to "their word".

Persoanlly, use a dino or synthetic oil of your choice that is API certified and you will be fine. As well, there are many other synthetic oil and fluid choices that perform just as well for less money.

Personally, I use Rotella-Syn 5W-40 that I buy at Walmart in my diesel truck and have never looked back. It performs as well as any other synthetic 5W-40 oil out there. I state this since this oil costs less than Amsoil, is API certiifed and no testing has showed it as any worse or better.

For your truck, use what you want, but since you asked, I wouldn't use Amsoil due to their "inaccurate marketing" practices and lack of API certifcation.

Michigan
OK thanks for the advice. My dad uses Rotella in his powerstroke as well. Great oil!

CowboyBilly9Mile

Charter Member
USA
Personally, even if you can get it for free i would stick with the Motorcraft. But then again i wouldn't run amsoil in a lawn mower if it was free.

smiliewhathesaid

*They don't call it Scamsoil for nothing.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts