• We're finishing up a server move and forum software update, expect a few glitches as we open it back up. Read more about it here...

ammo

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
Just got the 2 loaders I ordered. one is an "NcStar" AK/SKS mag speed loader. This one works great. Here's a random youtube video:

The other is a "lulu" 5.56 strip loader. Haven't used this one yet.

I use http://www.gunbot.net/ to find the best deals on ammo.

I received a hundred or so corrosive 7.62x39 rounds with my AK. I don't quite know what I want to do with them, I'm not a big fan of the idea of corrosive rounds.

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
Its not really an issue. The AK is considered one of the most reliable weapons ever created. What type of ammo do you think the Russians used? ;)

If you are really worried about it, when you are done shooting, rinse it with HOT soapy water, but mostly hot. That gets the potassium chloride (salt) from the primers washed away. Some people say windex does the trick, too. I prefer hot water, as it heats the metal and evaporates quickly, leaving a dry gun with no corrosive salt on it. Wipe it down with oil when you are done.

On second thought, forget everything I just said. I will PM you my address, and I will give you some money for shipping so I can safely dispose of this bad, corrosive ammo. ;)

BIGRED911

Charter Member
It's horse crap but if you are wanting armor piercing a hot loaded 223 with 60 grain ballistic tip v max will penetrate ar 500 steel "chest plates" out to 150 yards. ....Also 180 grain ballistic tips out of a 300 wsm will do it to 500...210 grain berger [email protected] fps won't penetrate after 400 but pack enough punch you don't need penetration. ....

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
I want an AR so bad. I'd sell my AK to make it happen, but that would fund about 1/3 of the quality of AR I want.

Ryan

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
What kind of AK?

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
I want an AR so bad. I'd sell my AK to make it happen, but that would fund about 1/3 of the quality of AR I want.

Ryan

Because I wanted to do an AR build to add to the herd, I dumped a ruskie SKS with 500ish rounds of ammo and some accessories about three years ago for around the dollar amount that you're probably thinking, and it was a great thing for all. There was no trouble at all finding a buyer, he got what he wanted and in the end, I got what I wanted. Those 7.62 guns are, IMO, cheap commie guns but oh can they be, withing their limitations, effective. :)

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
Its not really a deal, but its not that price because it is junk, either.

S&W has a real good recipe with their M&P line of pistols and rifles. The rifles are simple, barebones reliable rifles that are a good place to start customizing from.

I have heard nothing but good things. Prices are starting to normalize, which helps too.