Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

A little video of my truck

And the guy I sold it to emailed me a while back telling me he would take 8000 for it. He tried ebay, fte and had no luck selling it.

The truck market has taken a severe hit with the economy hurting as it is...He's better off holding onto it til recovery sets in. Probably gonna be 4 years before that happens though...Next election and all :rofl:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
It will take someone a few years to fix the economy, that guy would be lucky to get 6k out of that truck...

Very true...but since it is soooooooooo original that guy might get lucky and get upwards of $10k. Not a 150 or shortbed fan, but had that been on a 250 4x4, I'd be willing to drop 10k on it. Regardless, it was/is a sweet ride. And I really wanna know how Scott comes across all these sweet rides. Given, in my area, you can go driving and have a dentside fall in your lap, but they all need some sort of work. i also wanna know, do you turn a profit on all your sales? Scott, you must spend all your time on classifieds and auctions to find these gems...that's all I gotta say.

NOCO77

Somethin' Like That
It will take someone a few years to fix the economy, that guy would be lucky to get 6k out of that truck...

I'm not so sure about that - depends on location. I had a serious cash-in-hand offer of $5500 for my '77 150 4x4 shortie a month ago, and it is still in bodywork phase, not even primed yet. It was tempting, given some of the deals out there now, but I couldn't bring myself to part with it - the shorts are kind of hard to find around here. There are a lot of longbeds around 4 sale, though.

That's right NOCO, shortbeds are getting harder and harder to find, especially in good condition. A longbed is a dime a dozen. I always thought a shortbox was a cooler looking truck than the longbed.

Brad most of my trucks that I buy to resell come from ebay, craigslist or other forums. I am always looking for one I can turn to make a profit on. So far I have not been hurt doing it. It helps to know where to look, get specific pictures or have a local member check it out 1st before buying. You have to see the potential in a truck once it is cleaned up. That shortbed looked like this when I bought it.

Wrong mirrors, dinky tires, ugly capper, carpet that looked terrible, I could go on and on. After a good detail, replace carpet, dye the door panels and dash pad and put some 33's on it it was time to sell it.
dsc01955.jpg

Also check out that seat color!

dsc02091.jpg

Uhh, sorry for the thread jackin to.

Last edited:
Yep, original seat, no holes or tears in it either. I completely took that seat apart and hand washed it on the garage floor. It looked just as good as the day it was put in.

Had a 76 F250 2WD that had all original carpet, seat, dashpad, and 8 track in her...all in really really good shape. Loved that OEM stuff - I even kept the 8 track in her and bought 8 tracks at flea markets lol

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Yeah Tex...I dunno what you're talkin about, you have a nice clean lookin truck, better than most that are out there.

Ford Truck Articles