Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

99 Expedition 4.6 xlt

Found plastic pieces in oil intake screen. Know from previous timing chain videos, is from the chain guides. I had to remove the front differential carrier to replace the front end. Once removed the oil pan was very easy to clean and remove. So down it came. New timing chain and related parts on order. Just join FTF. Like what I read and saw, so I join. My expedition has 288,000 plus miles never had major issues, so I guess is time for something made of plastic to break. I love my truck; my son says to junk it.....................no way. Took good care of it and on time maintenance always. My truck is built by amazon now LOL! and me. To me is a classic but he says I call everything a classic. If I had lots of money, I would send it to California and have it rebuilt by the guys who make new cars out of junk yard vehicles, nothing fancy. So now I will do a timing chain job, wish me luck, I'll send photos if I can. PS am an old dude 78 years old very mechanically inclined, but I don't want the truck to break the engine. although it can use a new motor, the current motor runs very smooth.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts