Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

91 f250 7.3 2wd thoughts, opinions?

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
ok to make a long story short im doing a big job for a lady i know, its about a 2k job.

at the same time shes trying to sell her 91 f250 7.3 (non turbo) 110k miles.
ive been using the thing on her ranch for years, its a nice tight truck. just a few issues.

Ive been talking to her about trading what im dong plus some cash from her for the 91.

Its got some issues for a 19 yr old truck.
If it gets to a 1/4 tank on the front tank...its empty
and the rear suposedly doesnt pump fuel but its always worked for me. and the guage lights dont work.

Little to no body damnage, tight seals. new tires. runs great

Would it be worth it...or just take the cash and walk?

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
do you have a true need for it? if no then i say take the cash and walk. but if you have a legitimate need for it then take it.

as being diesel their maintenance is quite a bit higher than a gasser.

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
there life is usually quite a bit longer than a gasser too.

Its really up to you man, if you WANT the truck heck yea grab it depending on how much cash is in the deal...

If not then take the dough.

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
well to be honest with ya. my trucks on the last leg..

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
I'd pick it up, if you know the truck and feel it to be reliable; they get low 20's on the highway, upper teens around town, the engines are pretty well bulletproof, they do have cavitation issues though...

Auto or manual? either way I'd get it...

And if you were closer I'd pick yours up, been wanting an xcab SWB to build a pre runner...

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
I'd pick it up, if you know the truck and feel it to be reliable; they get low 20's on the highway, upper teens around town, the engines are pretty well bulletproof, they do have cavitation issues though...

Auto or manual? either way I'd get it...

And if you were closer I'd pick yours up, been wanting an xcab SWB to build a pre runner...

3 speed auto (c6?)

what do you thinks going to happen to mine, ive been wanting to do it for awhile aswell

my truck gets like 13-15 on the highway and 8 in town if that

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
looks like im getting the truck, i gotta finsih a couple of things, but instead of taking cash payment it goes towards the truck. not too long and it will be done for.

Ill get some pics i was way to busy working today to get some

optikalillushun

Coal Cracker
good solid foundation for a truck. first thing i would do is replace the fuel return lines and test the glow plugs. also check the SCA's in the coolant. these IDIs are great, they're easy to fix, will run on almost anything (regular diesel fuel, biodiesel, veggie oil, motor oil, ATF, and probably horse piss), cheap to fix and easy to understand and work on. heard over to oilburners dot net if u do get it. good forum for the IDIs.

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
so as of this moment,
I just tallied all the parts and labor ive put into the tractors and vehicles up there. plus the general farm hand labor.
Ive put 582.00 towards the vehicle (and some change), in labor ive done on her farm and parts

As of today friday 5-28 i owe 617

Ive been fixing her new holland tractor, found out what happened to it today, her son's friend was operating it (its like a 60k+ tractor, probably more like 80-90k) and he tried crossing the creek and it got stuck water filled the cab.

I got it running and moving and rewired the fusable links to the battery, removed the floor and reset the detent balls for the neutral saftey etc.
I lack the tach doesnt work, neither fuel gauge or ac. but it runs and moves LOL

her massey, i did a full service, re-wired it as well, and fixed body panels etc.

I gotta do a service on her JD lawn tractor.

So maybe next week?

I did some other piddle stuff like topped off her slave cylinder resavoir (wondered why it wasnt engaging the clutch) and then drove it where i got a flat.

i was gonna get pics today, but unfortunately we had to take her shepard on his last ride...messed my whole day up, he was all excited to...

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
its not like i charge her for everything theres a bunch of stuff over the years ive done for her.

but she understands i need a new truck, and i dont have money, that ill actually use it, and if she ever needs to move her horse trailor she can still borrow it.

and if id worked slower it be paid off, but i was getting free beer too

Ford Truck Articles