Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

75 F350 Build Newbie Style

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
You have WAY more patience than me.....I built 1 model....in my dads workshop, put hours and hours into this thing.....as I was painting the body, he was "sweeping up" with the air hose....I dont think I need to finish that story. The whole kit-n-kaboodle went in the trash, never messed with another one...

I hear ya.....patience isn't something I was born with....but I can tell you one thing....just from tooling around with my bump and the few things I've needed to mess around with on my dent....that you need similar patience when dealing with the real thing as well. The only difference is the size of the tools!

I'm excited to work and finish this little project over time and when I build my big tool supply up to be able to work on my life size rigs.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Ken, This is SO cool! I can't wait (I have no patience either!) to see the progress as you build. It's like watching a new truck being built from the factory! Good luck! smilieFordlogo

Dak

Thanks a bunch....hoping to get a few hours in each week and maybe more on a lazy sat/sun....I'm guessing the entire build will be a few hundred hours total and am hoping to complete it before my son gets old enough to stand up and grab pieces that cannot be replaced on this antique model! :)

He's only 3 months old, so I have about 6+ months and if it goes longer, the table will have to go into another room....right now it's in my living room so I can do it while my family is still with me watching tv or something.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
KEN! Get back to work on this! I'm eager to see it done. :D

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
KEN! Get back to work on this! I'm eager to see it done. :D

Life has been so crazy lately....I think now, I can take a few hours a week and start working on this rig.....have been super excited...I have all the tools I need, everything! Paint, tweezers, clips, glue, knives, everything...did tons of research on what I need....I am literally ready to start painting the engine components this week and will post as I progress.....thanks Austin for keeping me accountable....I don't want this to be a garage project that never gets finished, but you know how easy it is for life to get in the way!

Updates coming soon!

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
I know exactly how that is Ken! I'm really interested as to how this turns out.

dakonthemountain

California Chapter member
Well thank God you haven't needed to depend on it for transportation!smilieFordlogo This IS just like ordering one from the factory. You know, all the delays, unavailable parts, etc.! :wasntme: :wasntme:

Cheers!
Dak

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts