Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

75 F350 Build Newbie Style

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Sorry, was on my phone... Spray bed liner. I think it's 3M brand, or something off like that. Maybe even Rustoleum. It applies very thin if you're careful.

Oh ok, thanks.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Not much of an update cause I can't do much until the rest of my supplies come in.....but here's what's come in so far....

7-25-11suppliescomingin.jpg

Still waiting for more paint another two pronged third hand and not sure what else at the moment.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Is your model 1/25 scale? Are you going to scrape the chrome where it is glued? Keep us posted!

Yes, it's 1/25 scale.....not sure what you're asking on the chrome Doug.

One usually has to scrape of the chrome so the glue will hold to the other piece it's glued to.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
The chrome will not, repeat - will not stick to itself. Gotta scrap the bonding edges clean of the chrome coating.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
One usually has to scrape of the chrome so the glue will hold to the other piece it's glued to.

The chrome will not, repeat - will not stick to itself. Gotta scrap the bonding edges clean of the chrome coating.

Ahhhhh.....ok, see, I did not know that and now I know!

Thanks....yes, will scrape now for sure.

Any other important tid bits of info you can share that would help make my build easier is much appreciated!

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Ahhhhh.....ok, see, I did not know that and now I know!

Thanks....yes, will scrape now for sure.

Any other important tid bits of info you can share that would help make my build easier is much appreciated!

Just send it this way, and I'll build it for you!!! smilietease

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Just send it this way, and I'll build it for you!!! smilietease

Hahaha....I might take you up on that offer....my wife says I have about 9 months to get this done before our son starts walking, cause when he does, there will be many, many missing pieces! smiliegitrdone

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Hahaha....I might take you up on that offer....my wife says I have about 9 months to get this done before our son starts walking, cause when he does, there will be many, many missing pieces! smiliegitrdone

The last model I tried to build I mistakenly left out one night. The next morning, I was putting on my boots, and the engine block was stuffed down in one of my boots. Nobody ever confessed.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
The last model I tried to build I mistakenly left out one night. The next morning, I was putting on my boots, and the engine block was stuffed down in one of my boots. Nobody ever confessed.

Hahahahahaha.....that's funny Doug.....:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

I wouldn't confess to that eithe!

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
I'm getting close to actually start painting and gluing together some of the engine pieces as most of the rest of my supplies came in the mail today. I bought most of my stuff on ebay and nickle and dimed them together and it's still adding up, but I'm determined to do it right. I actually found a chrome visor that went on a tractor trailer truck that is almost identical and to scale as the one on my dent! Now that is wild.

Most of my paints came in:

IMG00211-20110726-1815.jpg

Paint brushes, glue, MY NEW TIRES, a grab it tool, my second third arm:

IMG00212-20110726-1815.jpg

CAME WITH THE MODEL:

IMG00213-20110726-1819.jpg

FOUND ONLINE.....AWESOME! EXACT SAME SHOES I HAVE ON MY RIG TODAY:

IMG00216-20110726-1821.jpg

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Pretty cool Ken, can you do a paper cut out of the next size smaller tire to see how it looks ?

Think it might be a little too big?....my wife thought it might also.

I'm not sure if that company made sizes a tad smaller in this scale....I'll check.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
When you took the picture was the tire positioned about where it would be mounted ? Some times pictures can be deceiving.

Yeah, any more into the wheel well and it'll rub.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Perhaps, and this is en theory, you could take some of the parts holder plastic (the mold scraps that the parts are attached to) and cut some body mounts for a redneck body lift?!

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Perhaps, and this is en theory, you could take some of the parts holder plastic (the mold scraps that the parts are attached to) and cut some body mounts for a redneck body lift?!

A lift does need to be re manufactured as well as a few other things like the transfer case, mirrors (think I'll find some on an already made car/truck at wally world).

You have WAY more patience than me.....I built 1 model....in my dads workshop, put hours and hours into this thing.....as I was painting the body, he was "sweeping up" with the air hose....I dont think I need to finish that story. The whole kit-n-kaboodle went in the trash, never messed with another one...

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts