Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

74 f350 dually rear drums

Well need to do rear breaks on the truck. If I go to the local part store is some dumb kid going to look up and get me the right parts. We're there different rear ends used that will cause issues finding parts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Avoid the dumb kid

You really need an expert on getting the right drums. I'm probably not him, but here's a guess. Assuming that it's not a super cab, has a 7400 pound capacity axle, and is using a 12x3 Kelsey Hayes system, the part number should be D1TZ 1126-D. Perhaps you should take a close look at the existing drums (for a part number?) and carry one for a parts match up. Also, if there is nothing wrong with the "originals", you may want to retain them. Some of the imports leave something to be desired.

Last edited:
Well talking to a couple stores look like only one drum is available for the dually non super cab. But it looks like you have to get all the wheel studs out to put on the drum anyone know how these go togeather or have a diagram. This whole project started when 4 studs spun while trying to take the wheels off.

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
drum just slides on, but you have to pull the axles

Well truck is all back togeather. Put new shoes, hardware, and wheel cylinders in. Had to do 8 new wheel studs on right side. Rims were loose on the truck one time when it had 3 ton of stone in the back. That is why the studs spun in the hole. Luckily Dorman had a 9/16 stud with a larger splined section that seems to be working. Just put them in and put truck in storage. If it becomes an issue will have to get new hub next year.

This whole project started because I was putting a single wheel on the rear to store truck for the winter and 4 of 8 studs spun and I had to torch off.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts