Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

69 C4 transmission " jerking"?

Hi all,
Hoping someone may be able to shed some light on this problem I am having.

Over the weekend I noticed that my 69 F250 is lightly "jerking" at around 40-50 mph only under moderate/light throttle.$ I thought the engine may have been "missing" however after driving a while it seems not to be the case. If I accelerate hard through it, it seems to go away.$ The engine runs well, no hesitation.$ While this is happening there is no noticable change in engine rpm, engine sounds good, no stuttering/hesitation. It does not feel like slippage. It is almost as if the truck is being "braked" lightly and quickly sporadically. This does not happen in neutral,$ coasting at speed, only under light acceleration.$ Other than this the transmission seems fine, gear selection good, shifting well.
This Ford C4 transmission was rebuilt 2 summers ago.I replaced the radiator about 500 miles ago along with new transmission cooler rated hose feeding the auxiliary transmission cooler.Cap, rotor, wires and plugs replaced after this started. No difference.$It has a dana 60 that seems to be in good shape as well.

Thanks all
Mike

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts