Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

2009 F150 = Real Photos

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
Does this mean we'll actually be seeing some of those Fords that they sell in Europe? Or will Ford botch this as badly as, well, history suggests they will?

Euro Focus, C-Max, Transit, and Transit Connect within the year, all made here. Probably in the Louisville Plant, while SD production gets shifted to F150 plants. Ranger cancellation on hold, crash feasability studies on the Fiesta and the Thai Ranger in progress as I type this. Plug pulled on the F100 project, don't be surprised if the Expy goes the way of the Excursion. This all happened last month, with the new CEO breathing down managements neck to make it all happen NOW.

Over in GM land, we just discovered we are getting a new "mystery car" to run alongside or replace the Cobalt in '10. Know very little about it, other than a Direct-Injection 1/4L twin turbo, and it's coming from Germany. Rear-drive Impala platform cancelled, Camaro mix will tilt to V6 versions instead of SS models. Colorado status under advisement.

Last edited:

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Euro Focus, C-Max, Transit, and Transit Connect within the year, all made here. Probably in the Louisville Plant, while SD production gets shifted to F150 plants. Ranger cancellation on hold, crash feasability studies on the Fiesta and the Thai Ranger in progress as I type this. Plug pulled on the F100 project, don't be surprised if the Expy goes the way of the Excursion. This all happened last month, with the new CEO breathing down managements neck to make it all happen NOW.

Sweet. I miss when I used to get AutoWeek and actually knew some of this stuff before it was old news...

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!

Over in GM land, we just discovered we are getting a new "mystery car" to run alongside or replace the Cobalt in '10. Know very little about it, other than a Direct-Injection 1/4L twin turbo, and it's coming from Germany. Rear-drive Impala platform cancelled, Camaro mix will tilt to V6 versions instead of SS models. Colorado status under advisement.

Wow great info polar bear thanks.
Do you think the big 3 will be around much longer? I was reading that in ten years there will be no more American car company's, do you think this could be true or will they find some way to live on? I wonder why they would lose the Rangers, it seems like they should find another company other then Sadstar to make their diesels and put a every economic diesel in a F100 or Ranger? build some thing that's more Mpg minded then towing and hauling minded. If they could make a truck that could get 30+mpg people would be lined up to get them.. Just seems that no matter what they do they are still going in the wrong directions.

Michigan
I saw one about a week ago, and i saw three of them following eachother today. They definatly look different, not a fan of the tail lights. To ricey for me...

Michigan
To not make this thread become an argument and more about the new 150. I just wish ford the best of luck. That is all. My mother's last day at the Romeo Engine plant (Makes the truck 5.4's 4.6's Mustang 4.6's quad cam and 5.4 NICHE line) Pervious FORD GT motors her last day is the end of the week next week... Now we gotta figure out what to do. Well they are cutting back production big time. My uncle is skill trades at dearborn and hes working 7 days on 7 days off...

The way i see it and HATE to say... I dont think ford has many years left. They dont have any car that appeals to me besides the mustang.

RangerPilot

Boom Shaka Laka
Dallas, TX
The way i see it and HATE to say... I dont think ford has many years left.

Sadly I see the Big 3 possibly going the way of the airlines...massive competition, high fuel and labor prices, and a slowing economy forcing bankrupty or total collapse, layoffs and payouts, lots of house cleaning and restructuring, and emerging as much smaller, albeit better built units that can withstand a tough market as "lesser" companies. Unless there is some sort of ban on foreign import of vehicles, "Made in China" (or your choice of country) will rapidly become more common. The falling dollar and high labor costs of the US cannot compete.

Sad, as a Toyota or Honda will never give me the same feeling as a Ford or Chevrolet with American structure and muscle under the hood.

polarbear

Boring, Oregon
Quarter liter? I've got a radio controlled plane with more displacement...

That's depressing. I...hate...oil...

Oops- I meant 1.4L.

And yeah, there's going to be a very limited market for another 15 mpg 400HP supercar right now.

Sweet. I miss when I used to get AutoWeek and actually knew some of this stuff before it was old news...

I have a buddy that works for a company that supplies much of the tooling for major manufacturers, so he usually knows before anyone when major changes are in the loop. This Ford thing caught everyone off-guard, because it lliterally came out of the blue.

Last edited:

polarbear

Boring, Oregon
To not make this thread become an argument and more about the new 150. I just wish ford the best of luck. That is all. My mother's last day at the Romeo Engine plant (Makes the truck 5.4's 4.6's Mustang 4.6's quad cam and 5.4 NICHE line) Pervious FORD GT motors her last day is the end of the week next week... Now we gotta figure out what to do. Well they are cutting back production big time. My uncle is skill trades at dearborn and hes working 7 days on 7 days off...

The way i see it and HATE to say... I dont think ford has many years left. They dont have any car that appeals to me besides the mustang.

Sorry to hear about your mom. :(

Will the big 3 survive? Dunno, but all the big money bets are in, so we watch and see.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
This Ford thing caught everyone off-guard, because it lliterally came out of the blue.

Yeah...which is both absurd and pathetic (on Ford's part), since nearly everyone I know who's been to Europe in the last decade has commented that Ford sells some nice cars over there, and they wish they sold them here.

Last edited:

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Yuck . I have been waiting since 97 for a F150 I would buy if I got the funds. . Sooner or later these 90's trucks r going to get hard to find. And I'll update . But Ford wont be it . Unless a SD 250-350

I know 6 die hard ford guys that went to others because of the dumb extra door on reg cab. That is as hard to put stuff in as a reg reg cab.

They need to build truck to use instead of grocery getters. I meen they r built well but Try to use those small buttons while drive accrossed a construction site.

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
I didn't mean to sound like I was trying to argue, Just kinda ticks me off when I see some thing I like so much marching to its own demise. the new ford trucks are very nice,plush comfy, lets just hope it will help keep them afloat.

Ford Truck Articles