Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

2009 F-150

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
uh... that looks sortof akward. Sorta feels like a nissan.

my criticisms:
1. Bed is too tall
2. Windows look bad in staggered levels.
3. Rear windows looks cheeeesy.
4. Grille and headlight (frontend as a whole) looks... ricer.

Ryan

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
uh... that looks sortof akward. Sorta feels like a nissan.

my criticisms:
1. Bed is too tall
2. Windows look bad in staggered levels.
3. Rear windows looks cheeeesy.
4. Grille and headlight (frontend as a whole) looks... ricer.

Ryan
Excuse me? It feels like a Nissan...how so?

1. The bed looks exactly like my 2004 Lariat, and it's taller than the one on a a Titan.

2. Titans don't have staggered windows, but the current F150 does. Example: Front door glass with the dip at the front.

3. Rear window looks no different than it does now. The center section is smaller than a Titan, which is 50% wider, and powers up/down.

4. Ricer? Take a look at a Fusion, this is the new corporate Ford look. The electric safety razor grille is similar to other Fords. The headlights look GMish. The taillights look like 2003 F150's.

If you wanna compare something to a Nissan, look at the current Silverado. Looks to me like Chevrolet copied most of it from the Titan, from the sloping windshield and pontoon front fenders to the wide open door on the Xtra cab, to the flared quarter panels, to the bed rail management system. The Titan takes some getting used to, especially the stubby front end. But IMO, the 2007 Silverado is ugly all over.

Last edited:
i'm not going to like the body lines. high box rail, drop dwn by rear window, again at door, back up at 1/4 panel. looks too busy even under the wrap. jmho, body lines should "line" up !!

slmann

Charter Member
Festus, Mo.
that thing has so much foam under the black cover it will probably look totally different when they unveil it. YelloThumbUp

That's the reason the bed looks so tall. They're trying to hide all the true body lines.

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
They had one at the Auto Show- White Pearl with tan leather Supercrew. We though it looked great- very heavy on the bling, but very good looking. Looks nothing like a Titan or Tundra- has that big, square, broad-shouldered "I'm a Ford truck" look to it that guarantees it'd never get mistaken for anything else.

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
nothing beats the 92-96 ford truck front end.. period.

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
id like to see them do what they did to the mustangs and do it to the trucks. Do a retro of the 67-72 series trucks...

That would be awesome

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
id like to see them do what they did to the mustangs and do it to the trucks. Do a retro of the 67-72 series trucks...

That would be awesome

smilieIagree smiliewhathesaid

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
eh, not so much.

uhhhhh thanks but no thanks...I think i'll stick with my '86....:guns: The only thing positive I have to say about it is it does sport the blue oval...but I DO KNOW that Ford coulda done waaaaaaaaay better than that....As long as it runs like a Ford(reliable with no MAJOR problems) then i'd take one over any other brand name if I was to own an '09 model.:)

jebadiah04

Rooster Snorkler
i think its about damned time ford stepped up to the nicer trucks. He have bought 6 "anything but ford" trucks in the last years, because basically, ford was lacking.

I like the new rear end, its slick, the side looks the same as the old one to me, and the front end is following along the lines of the new super duty.

All in all that truck is a nicely wrapped, much more luxury oriented and finally stands out as something i would consider owning.

Ford Truck Articles